• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's been a a bit of a weird start to Sunday

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
First thing this morning I'm making a first cup of tea of the day for me and her and I could see the drain cover outside the sink window moving. Duly lift it up and there was the world's supply of leaves (not weird) and three frogs (very weird) so it was a case of re-housing the froggies to their pond and clearing out the leaves. Now I'm sure some of you have done that and the accompanying smell is not very fragrant! Anyway, froggies gone, leaves gone, make the tea. Whilst I'm doing this she is watching Match of the day on telly. She drinks tea and heads off to have a shower, then stops a few stairs up and asks me exactly what offside means as she heard it a lot on Match of the Day. I explain as best I can and see the look which says I don't really understand that. Anyway, a bit of a weird start to Sunday morning. No doubt it will improve with time!

I went to a record fair in Eastwood this morning. Not been to one in years. My youngest son is into his vinyl and more specifically the Beatles and Bowie, so bank of dad got hit hard in the pocket.

Was a nice escape from recent worries.

I went to a record fair in Eastwood this morning. Not been to one in years. My youngest son is into his vinyl and more specifically the Beatles and Bowie, so bank of dad got hit hard in the pocket.

Ha! I still have the first two Beatles LP's on vinyl.Imagine they'd be worth a bit these days.

First thing this morning I'm making a first cup of tea of the day for me and her and I could see the drain cover outside the sink window moving. Duly lift it up and there was the world's supply of leaves (not weird) and three frogs (very weird) so it was a case of re-housing the froggies to their pond and clearing out the leaves. Now I'm sure some of you have done that and the accompanying smell is not very fragrant! Anyway, froggies gone, leaves gone, make the tea. Whilst I'm doing this she is watching Match of the day on telly. She drinks tea and heads off to have a shower, then stops a few stairs up and asks me exactly what offside means as she heard it a lot on Match of the Day. I explain as best I can and see the look which says I don't really understand that. Anyway, a bit of a weird start to Sunday morning. No doubt it will improve with time!
My wife asked me once what”offside was”
I started to answer and she walked off saying “ I couldn’t care less really”

Ha! I still have the first two Beatles LP's on vinyl.Imagine they'd be worth a bit these days.
£40-£50 each if they're in good shape, double that if they're absolutely pristine. The first 2 pressings of Please, Please Me go for hundreds or thousands (gold lettering on the labels rather than yellow) but they're pretty rare. I picked up a very nice original copy of With... a few weeks ago for £45, just a little bit of laminate creasing to the front cover.

Damn - would have gone if I'd known it was back on. Was it busy? Much good stuff??

£40-£50 each if they're in good shape, double that if they're absolutely pristine.
The first 2 pressings of Please, Please Me go for hundreds or thousands (gold lettering on the labels rather than yellow) but they're pretty rare. I picked up a very nice original copy of With... a few weeks ago for £45, just a little bit of laminate creasing to the front cover.

TFTI.In good shape but played a fair bit so not pristine.Which reminds me of a story that Beatles fans back in the day used to buy 3 copies of the group's new single.One to play,another to play when the first wore out,the third for their kids.Nowt as strange as folk. :Smile:

TFTI.In good shape but played a fair bit so not pristine.Which reminds me of a story that Beatles fans back in the day used to buy 3 copies of the group's new single.One to play,another to play when the first wore out,the third for their kids.Nowt as strange as folk. :Smile:
Wish my mum had bought copies to put away for me - would've been a very shrewd investment! I did get my mum's original copies of Help and Rubber Soul when she switched from vinyl to CD.

Damn - would have gone if I'd known it was back on. Was it busy? Much good stuff??
The next one is on 13th June, they seem to be every month from now on. Other dates are 11 July, 12 Sept, 10 Oct, 14 Nov, 12 Dec.

All 9am - 2pm @ St Laurence Church Hall in Eastwood.

Its was reasonably busy, had a lot of 60s and 70s vinyl. Lot of Reggae on sale, especially Trojan and dancehall stuff. The usual Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd etc. vinyl and CDs. There was a bit of old school house and hip hop too, but I’d already spent my cash on my sons stash before I saw that lot, he didn’t have any Beastie Boys rarities so I passed it by.

The next one is on 13th June, they seem to be every month from now on. Other dates are 11 July, 12 Sept, 10 Oct, 14 Nov, 12 Dec.

All 9am - 2pm @ St Laurence Church Hall in Eastwood.

Its was reasonably busy, had a lot of 60s and 70s vinyl. Lot of Reggae on sale, especially Trojan and dancehall stuff. The usual Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd etc. vinyl and CDs. There was a bit of old school house and hip hop too, but I’d already spent my cash on my sons stash before I saw that lot, he didn’t have any Beastie Boys rarities so I passed it by.
Fantastic, thanks for the info.

Have all the Beatles albums on vinyl - some have worn better than others. The trouble with these and other bands/artists of that ilk is that they sold so many (millions) that only pristine copies or rarities make decent dosh.

Have all the Beatles albums on vinyl - some have worn better than others. The trouble with these and other bands/artists of that ilk is that they sold so many (millions) that only pristine copies or rarities make decent dosh.

Can't say I was thinking of selling anyway.Like you ( I imagine) I bought the Beatles box set a while back (but on CD)

Last edited:
You'd be surprised; the vinyl boom over the last fews years has been immense. Local hi-fi manufacturer Rega can't keep up with demand for their turntables and are expanding. My company (indie music distributers) are now being restricted by the huge German plant we use for pressing vinyl as they're constantly running at capacity and now have to spread the load fairly. Demand for original pressings is at a level not seen for many years, and with a finite amount of stock out there that's permanently diminishing, even more ordinary releases are now commanding higher prices. There was a time when things like Springsteen records, or Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours' were 10 a penny in charity shops. Now they're selling for upwards of £10-15 on Discogs and those prices are going to keep going north. It's a real seller's market right now, which is **** news for collectors like me!

Back