• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie Manktelow

Youth Team
Even if you've gone to over 500 southend games, you are not allowed a separate view. And if you say something that everyone without a braincell doesnt like i get negative rep points. Keep them coming you sturrock lovers

If you bring up a subject from out of nowhere with a controversial view, expect to be called a troll.

So you are allowed a different opinion to others but others aren't allowed to have a different opinion to you? Insulting people for having a different opinion ("Sturrock Lovers") is just childish and won't lend any weight to your opinion. It will do the opposite.

We all have opinions and they are rarely the same. The repping system is basically a like/dislike function. If someone doesn't like your opinion, they "dislike" it right?

So you are allowed a different opinion to others but others aren't allowed to have a different opinion to you? Insulting people for having a different opinion ("Sturrock Lovers") is just childish and won't lend any weight to your opinion. It will do the opposite.

We all have opinions and they are rarely the same. The repping system is basically a like/dislike function. If someone doesn't like your opinion, they "dislike" it right?

But why are people having a go at me, not telling me their own 'football' view, but telling their view on me? This is a football forum not a people contest

Because he was one of the front runners for the Torquay job........

He was never going to get it, despite what the bookies said.

You posed a very one sided argument basically saying there were no positives that Sturrock did.

But why are people having a go at me, not telling me their own 'football' view, but telling their view on me? This is a football forum not a people contest

Does this not count as my 'football' view?

I'd cheer him for stopping us becoming like Stockport, taking us to our first Wembley final and for bringing us transfer money that far outweighed the ones above (debatable if they were his signings or not).

He probably made about 40 signings in his time here, if 7 were bad then 33 must have been ok. Sounds like a good ratio to me.

The style of play wasn't great, but beggars can't be choosers, although some fans still believe we have a "right" to be playing in the Championship week in week out.

So the one thing he did positive and you take it away from him! shocking

Sturrock stopped us getting relegatd to the conference when it was odds on we would. Got a squad together when we had 4 players at the club.

What did you think of Assombalonga, Makindawire, Ryan Hall, Cresswell, Reeves, Tomlin? What do you think of Timlin, Corr, Eastwood, Laird, Prosser, Phillips, Hurst etc etc. All players Sturrock brought to the club, either on loan or permanent. He also blooded in Bentley last season. All of those have made a significant contribution to the history for SUFC in a good way. All positive

Here is a positive sturrock did:: Leave :thumbsup:

I would say that the main positive Sturrock contributed was stabilising the club when we were short on players and being tipped by many for instant relegation from the Football League.

Despite the negatives (style of football and blowing promotion) I will look back on Sturrocks time fondly as he was exactly what we needed when our backs where against the wall. I do think it was right to sack him (ill timed and possibly 3/4 months too late) as we needed a manager with new ideas to move forward.

Jamie, ShrimperZone exists as a platform for people's opinions on a variety of subjects.

Anyone posting can expect replies , usually some agreeing some disagreeing. We will not tolerate abuse to any members but we are all grown up and must act that way.

Green and red rep is given depending on the post submitted. We do not want people to red rep other because they don't like them personally (unless the person is fatso :smile: ).

If you have any grievances please PM me.

Even if you've gone to over 500 southend games, you are not allowed a separate view. And if you say something that everyone without a braincell doesnt like i get negative rep points. Keep them coming you sturrock lovers

Admittedly, I don't frequent other parts of this forum very often, but I'm struggling to remember you at all on Shrimpers chit chat. Often when new posters come on here and get lots of flack it is normally good natured and deserved if you post rubbish or abuse. In your case it appears you are looking for a fight for no reason at all. If that is the case you have certainly come to the right place!!:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back