• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All this because we beat an awful Coventry team. Don't forget that we have been comprehensively beaten in the 2 games prior to last night. Need to beat teams that still have some fight in them before getting too excited. .

All this because we beat an awful Coventry team. Don't forget that we have been comprehensively beaten in the 2 games prior to last night. Need to beat teams that still have some fight in them before getting too excited. .
We drew against Port Vale.

edited - just making sure everyone is paying attention :smile:
Well I too am paying attention and I think you'll find that Millwall's (or the scum as you so eloquently put it) last game is away at Bristol Rovers.

No, probably because we are a point off the play offs and have lost something like 4 in 25 games, with a good squad and one of our key men back after an injury lay off of 9 weeks.

I would love to get that 6th spot and Scunny are wobbling, but I'd be very fearful of championship football at this stage. We would need a whole new squad. There are literally only maybe 5 players in the side up to playing at that level. It would be a huge undertaking.

The play offs would make us some cash and it would be very welcome indeed.

I just think we are probably 2 quality players short of promotion side. We have improved again this season and I'm happy if we are doing that season on season.

In worry about walsall Saturday as every time we get close we lose focus. Bolton at home will also be a huge game.

Still makes for an exciting end of season.

Millwall is an odd one, as they have loads of games in hand, yet didn't play in the recent midweek matches.

Their fixtures are stacking up nicely! :thumbsup:

No, probably because we are a point off the play offs and have lost something like 4 in 25 games, with a good squad and one of our key men back after an injury lay off of 9 weeks.

If we replicate our previous 9 games points tally which is 14...we finish on 71 which won't be enough.

I think we need 6 wins from the remaining games and still hope Millwall and Scunny falter.

Just for info, Barnsley had 58 points after 37 games last season.

OK. I've considered carefully the remaining fixtures of Millwall, Scunthorpe, Bradford and us. My infallible predictions of the results of each game lead me to the following conclusions:

Bradford will gather 17 points and end up with a total of 80
Millwall will gather 21 points and end up with a total of 79
Scunthorpe will gather 11 points and end with a total of 75
We will gather 16 points and end with a total of 73

My predictions are, obviously, worthless.

Except that they do indicate that the team we have to watch is Scunthorpe rather than Millwall or Bradford. If they really do implode (but they ended a run of four straight defeats with a win on Tuesday, damn 'em) then we could overtake them.

Well. This surprised me. I've just taken the current table, worked out the points scored per team over the last 10 games, and assumed that would continue for the rest of the season:

table.JPG

Yes, I know this is very crude and ignores a whole host of things, but it still surprised me. I guess what this points out is that other teams are also on bad runs, but because we only focus on ourselves we don't really appreciate that.

Back