• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well. This surprised me. I've just taken the current table, worked out the points scored per team over the last 10 games, and assumed that would continue for the rest of the season:

View attachment 4594

Yes, I know this is very crude and ignores a whole host of things, but it still surprised me. I guess what this points out is that other teams are also on bad runs, but because we only focus on ourselves we don't really appreciate that.

Yep, Scunthorpe have won 1 match in 10, and that was against Rochdale who have won 0 matches in 10.

Who put the ball in the Bury net, Theo Robinson.
Theo Robinson- Theo Robinson
Who put the ball in the Bury net Theo Robinson.

MILLWALL: Bury (h), Rochdale (a), Swindon (a), Sheff Utd (a), Scunthorpe (h), Shrewsbury (a), Gilligham (a), Northampton (h), Fleetwood (a), Oxford (h), Bristol Rov (a)

7 away games and only 4 at home also playing that often . That's a big ask for them.

Ok, time for an assessment of our play-off chances.
2 pieces of good news:- Scunthorpe's next 4 games are Oxford (a), Bradford (h), Millwall (a) Bolton (h). And secondly, Millwall's 3 rescheduled games are all away, including Sheff Utd and Rochdale.
For what it's worth I think these are the 2 sides we can catch. Forget Bradford, they have some easy home games.

By trying to be objective ( not easy I admit), I have us finishing 6th on 75 points, behind Scunny on goal difference but one point ahead of Millwall.

This assumes 5 wins, 3 draws and one defeat (at Charlton) in our remaining games.

Ready and prepared to receive alternative views and/or criticism!!!
Still on track from what I predicted four weeks ago - I went for a draw against Bolton but we unfortunately lost. The good news is that Millwall are 3 points behind on my prediction. Scunthorpe not in the picture now after beating both Bradford and Bolton against expectation.

So I think 8 more points should do it. That would leave us on 74, Millwall 71 (poor run in), and from nowhere, Brizzle Rovers on 72 with 3 wins in the last 4.

So I think 8 more points should do it.

Both Chesterfield and Shrewsbury won last Saturday. I think we'll do well to get two points from those two away fixtures. I do think that we'll beat both MK Dons and Bury at home though. So, will 7 or 8 points giving us a total of 73 or 74 be enough.....? That last gasp winner for Bolton may be crucial at the end of the day.

However, whilst Millwall should beat both Oxford and Northampton at home, they may well struggle to get anything from their away fixtures at Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers. So they'll gain 6 points giving them a total of 73 and it could be down to goal difference in the end......

Not confident we will get max points against MK Dons think it will be a difficult game but hopefully will have full strength side including lenny. Must get max returns against Chesterfield and Shrewsbury just to keep the pressure off.Think it could be a sqky bum time against Bury,hope note

My predictions....... Chesterfield 2 Southend 1; Southend 2 MK Dons 0; Shrewsbury 1 Southend 1; Southend 1 Bury 0.

We'd get 7 points whilst Millwall would get only 6 (by winning their two home games and losing their two away matches). So we would go up on goal difference.

Please, not as tight as that. I hope they have plenty of st. john's people for the bury game. the sheer stress levels:stunned:
Stress is an integral part of a blue of all the years I have been watching , even had a heart attack caused by stress !!

We'd get 7 points whilst Millwall would get only 6 (by winning their two home games and losing their two away matches). So we would go up on goal difference.

75 points is the target. Or 3 wins from 4 games if you prefer. Anything short of such a total would be inadequate.

It all depends on the starting line up for me. I have no idea who will be playing but if we put the side out that played against Charlton then I'll be far from expecting a win.

i reckon Millwall will take 9 points at least from the final 4, so we need 3 wins and a draw. Current injury list has seriously impacted our chances.

Shame as our full strength starting line is better than any Lge.1 side, with exception is SheffU maybe

Back