• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Its good to be back in blighty!

Winkle

Manager
Hi all........ Were the F***K did August and september go?Just to kick things off, I have been travelling around the last two monthes, and boy have I been to some S**tholes. The worst without a shadow of a doubt as got to be liverpool,closely followed by motherwell, glasgow city(every jock wants to kill you) .I breathed the sweet sent of ganga in holland, which was great paid my repects to the fat people of Ostend, got absoulutley wrecked on doval in Ieper and then finished off in Antwerp (again). This got me thinking, would I ever contemplate going back to these places? Apart from holland and Ieper(the fleamish part of Belgium) catagorically without a shadow of doubt, I would be quite happy to chew my left testicle off than to go north of watford again.
Whats the worst place you have ever been to?

closely followed by motherwell, glasgow city(every jock wants to kill you)

Motherwell I can understand, being an ex mining/steelworks town it's not the most sophisticated kind of place, but Glasgow City you only need to watch your back in certain areas at certain times. English people on the whole aren't that hated (especially from a Rangers perspective). Anti-Englishness is probably worse in Edinburgh or Aberdeen from my experience!

For me, I'd say Luton's probably the worse place I've ever been, closely followed by Bradford & Ipswich (for reasons best not gone into here but posted by me before!)

Dammit, forgot Grimsby, that was dire, although probably not helped by the black mood I was in from 4.45 that day!

Worst place in Britain is without any shadoe of any doubt, Worksop in Nottinghamshire. Dante based his Inferno on the place.

The worst place I've ever been to outside Britain is Potsdam near Berlin shortly after the re-unification of Germany. Very East Germany, and I just felt hopelessly uncomfortable there.

Agreed Grimsby is cack.

I travelled the world this time last year (time flys dont it) Id have to say bangkok thailand it stinks and u see some feked up people!

I no its not there thought but we got about as far as 30 yards before heading back to our hotel. We see some one with 1 arm and no legs laying on a skate baord pushing himself around. Once you get out of bangkok the majority of thailand is beautiful. Id highly recommend it its defo a culture shock at first!

Last edited:
I'd like to nominate the entire Forest of Dean. You know the chant "There's no-one over there"? Well, change it to "nothing" instead of "no-one" and you'd be right. Just trees.

To be fair if your heading to a place called "Forest of Dean"- then you would expect to see a fair amount of trees. Youll be slagging off the North Sea next for having too much water

Grimsby was awful. After the Rochdale away game a few years ago Mrs FS and I stayed in a B&B in Rossendale...jeez , we say on here how Colchester is a town of inbreds well they had nothing on this drab place (which was just a load of drab villages joined together by a few drab building) it was Overbite and 7 finger city, all the people looked the same, sounded the same , had the same strange twitches , stange number of fingers etc. That is except the landlord of the Pub we were in (he was from Epping and desperate to get back to Essex) and his wife (who was from Liverpool and just plain desperate)

Mrs FS actually put a chair against the door of our room during the night...Sheeite, it still gives me the shivers

I could really just look down the league tables and produce a list of every northern town in Britain bar York which I like but....My top three pop pickers are...

1) Bradford - Used to go there for courses and thought is was ok but when we won there 2-0 a few years ago I saw a 10 year old boy having a **** in the street and that was awful.

2) Hull - Never seen anywhere people are so proud to live in such a toliet. They really are the poorest yet mouthiest bunch of tramps I have ever seen.

3) Take your pick from Grimsby, Swansea, Leeds, Sheffield, Oldham, Luton etc etc.

To be fair if your heading to a place called "Forest of Dean"- then you would expect to see a fair amount of trees. Youll be slagging off the North Sea next for having too much water

Yeah, but there's nothing that doesn't cost a fortune to do. The nearest civilisation's Gloucester, 20 miles away for god's sake! At least you can walk to the cinema!

Yeah, but there's nothing that doesn't cost a fortune to do. The nearest civilisation's Gloucester, 20 miles away for god's sake! At least you can walk to the cinema!

I have got to say mate I think you need to get yourself on trip advisor before your next holidays.

I cant believe many people book a holiday to the Forest of Dean and then moan that there is not a lot to do or a cinema in the Forest.

:hilarious:

They would probably only be showing Forest Gump..

Back