• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's just (not) Cricket

Absolutely as it was premeditated. Had the bowler released the ball in a natural action the batter would have been in their crease easily.

The difference with this one though is she was not gaining an advantage. If the ball had been bowled she would have been in the crease.

Does seem it’s in the laws but think something needs to change. Doesn’t seem right to me. She fake bowled so the batter left her crease.

Try that on a Saturday afternoon all hell would break loose and every chance you have a bat around your head.

I remember some young lad getting 80 odd N/O on the last game of the season to stop an oppo getting promoted. He nearly got a bat round the head :Winking:

I can't remember anyone doing it in games I played. I have never even warned someone. As a bowler Its far more fun flicking or kicking a nice straight drive onto the stumps and seeing the look on the face of the stranded non striker.

Its like keepers moving as the penalty taker has planted his standing foot.....Its fair by me.

Can see nothing wrong, rules are there, its not the first time it has happened.

Wonder if Ben Stokes had done the same to dismiss David Warner to win the ashes, would certain posters be saying the same its not cricket.
First time in a Women's game so I believe

The difference with this one though is she was not gaining an advantage. If the ball had been bowled she would have been in the crease.

Does seem it’s in the laws but think something needs to change. Doesn’t seem right to me. She fake bowled so the batter left her crease.

Try that on a Saturday afternoon all hell would break loose and every chance you have a bat around your head.
If she wasn't gaining an advantage then why was she doing it? If you look at the replays she was actually just out of her ground when the front foot landed, not by much granted, but even on the line is out...
Someone today has posted a stat that, having looked at the replay of Dean's innings, she was actually out of her ground when the ball left the bowlers hand on something like 70+ occasions. Dean was playing with fire and she got burned.

I have been involved in three games where this has happened, once as the standing umpire. Twice warnings had been issued, once in an Evening League game where a warning hadn't been given; didn't go down well but it had to be accepted. The bowler who didn't give the warning you wouldn't have fancied being physical towards whether you had a bat in your hand or not!

As a word to the wise, wrapping a bat around someone's head would probably not only result in an assault charge but would most definitely result in a life ban from ALL cricket, even casual recreational games, if it was during a League fixture. My club's League has a history of banning players sine die for any violence on the field of play.

If she wasn't gaining an advantage then why was she doing it? If you look at the replays she was actually just out of her ground when the front foot landed, not by much granted, but even on the line is out...
Someone today has posted a stat that, having looked at the replay of Dean's innings, she was actually out of her ground when the ball left the bowlers hand on something like 70+ occasions. Dean was playing with fire and she got burned.

I have been involved in three games where this has happened, once as the standing umpire. Twice warnings had been issued, once in an Evening League game where a warning hadn't been given; didn't go down well but it had to be accepted. The bowler who didn't give the warning you wouldn't have fancied being physical towards whether you had a bat in your hand or not!

As a word to the wise, wrapping a bat around someone's head would probably not only result in an assault charge but would most definitely result in a life ban from ALL cricket, even casual recreational games, if it was during a League fixture. My club's League has a history of banning players sine die for any violence on the field of play.
I mean I definitely wouldn't. But know people that would 😂

I played in a league game when our teams bowler took the bails without a warning to the batsman,our skips along with the rest of the team apart from the bowler called the batsman back and the umpire was told we did not want his wicket,our honour was restored we lost and the arsehole bowler left a few weeks later.(the bowler always was a tosser)

India's Ravichandran Ashwin thought about trying a similar thing with David Miller

Back