• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's not Tilly and Brush's fault we couldn't get Sawyer and HRK

bishmania

First XI
It's not like me to have a whinge at fellow SZers but people keep posting the same old rubbish on here about these two signings even though it's already been mentioned.

Both Sawyer (will massively help Cov btw) and HRK signed on short term loan deals for Cov and Swin respectively - clearly by want of their clubs so they can easily be recalled if needs be.

The short term loan deal WAS NOT open to us because league rules state a player cannot move to a club on a short term loan deal for more than 3 months a season - this is to stop clubs abusing the limit of long term loanees allowed.

Please read the whole thread first and/or check the facts before griping about TnB "missing" these signings.

I agree we need players in (and quick) but at least get the facts straight before moaning about indivduals.

Up the Blues!

It's not like me to have a whinge at fellow SZers but people keep posting the same old rubbish on here about these two signings even though it's already been mentioned.

Both Sawyer (will massively help Cov btw) and HRK signed on short term loan deals for Cov and Swin respectively - clearly by want of their clubs so they can easily be recalled if needs be.

The short term loan deal WAS NOT open to us because league rules state a player cannot move to a club on a short term loan deal for more than 3 months a season - this is to stop clubs abusing the limit of long term loanees allowed.

Please read the whole thread first and/or check the facts before griping about TnB "missing" these signings.

I agree we need players in (and quick) but at least get the facts straight before moaning about indivduals.

Up the Blues!

Was it not a fact that we could have had sawyer on loan until the end of the season but tilly wanted to see how he did, he aint on chelseas books for nothing that would have been enough for me to sign him till the end of the season

Last edited:
Was it not a fact that we could have had sawyer on loan until the end of the season but tilly wanmted to see how he did, he aint on chelseas books for nothing that would have been enough for me to sign him till the end of the season

Twaddle. Would you be so happy if we had taken Gilbert on a long term loan just because he was on Arsenal's books? We can't afford to be gambling all the time or we will have no club left.

I seriously think that our lack of form and a 'bad season' is just a one off. We've been unlucky with injuries and suspensions which cant be helped and thats the risk of having a small squad. I didnt think we would be able to get Sawyer back at all he was a great player and possibly did win us a few games - and a big well done/thank you to Sawyer.
Not sure on the HRK situation, whether Tilly didnt want him, or he didnt want to come here, I doubt we will never find out but other than that I reckon this season is a one off and in the summer with fresh faces (hopefully) and most of our players back to full fitness, we will be that promotion pushing team we really are.

Was it not a fact that we could have had sawyer on loan until the end of the season but tilly wanmted to see how he did, he aint on chelseas books for nothing that would have been enough for me to sign him till the end of the season

True, in hindsight we should have taken him on for year but if he'd been rubbish then they'd have been no point and it would have been a waste of money (Kerrea Gilbert from Arsenal anyone!?!?!?!?!)

Not even Chelsea knew how good he was because when we had to give him back they said he needed now to go to CCC.

If they knew that already we'd never have got him!

Thing is, everyone is slagging off the management for missing him now is silly because we couldn't have him by league rules and under the short term deal Chelsea want him to go out on.

Was it not a fact that we could have had sawyer on loan until the end of the season but tilly wanted to see how he did, he aint on chelseas books for nothing that would have been enough for me to sign him till the end of the season

I despair and am now genuinely scared by some of the arguments people are trotting out. And if only to prove the point, Andy Harris was once the captain of Liverpool's reserves!

Up the Blues!

well said

Hahaha. You serious? Because a player is on the books of a Premiership side you'd take them on loan for the season without seeing them. I'm shocked if this is true.

I do hope you will or have already called Grant rubbish.

Was typing that when you posted! :)

He made 5 appearances for us and 1 in cup competitions is that enough to give us an idea what he is all about?, the answer is NO. The foxes signed him he has played a lot more games for them that in itself speaks volumes.Leicester city are way way ahead of every team in this division and they had signed a potentially good defender from Arsenal . In short you got to take a chance, after all we did with foran loadsa money, paynter, yet loads more money and all the dross that we have signed for mega fees who have produced nothing
At keast loan players cost us only wages, and gilbert is not on Arsenals books for no reason the same as hrk is not on readings books for nothing, and the same applys to sawyer

He made 5 appearances for us and 1 in cup competitions is that enough to give us an idea what he is all about?, the answer is NO. The foxes signed him he has played a lot more games for them that in itself speaks volumes.Leicester city are way way ahead of every team in this division and they had signed a potentially good defender from Arsenal . In short you got to take a chance, after all we did with foran loadsa money, paynter, yet loads more money and all the dross that we have signed for mega fees who have produced nothing
At keast loan players cost us only wages, and gilbert is not on Arsenals books for no reason the same as hrk is not on readings books for nothing, and the same applys to sawyer

But lets say Sawyer is on £1,000 a week at Chelsea, thats reasonable with the money at that place. We get him on loan for the year, having never seen him play thats £52,000 for his time with us. Thats a lot of money for a player we have never seen before.

But lets say Sawyer is on £1,000 a week at Chelsea, thats reasonable with the money at that place. We get him on loan for the year, having never seen him play thats £52,000 for his time with us. Thats a lot of money for a player we have never seen before.

So what do scouts do? Surely they have a good look at a player first - or is that me being radical?

Dont think i have called grant anything, but if i did it was how he was playing at the time, he was immense against chelsea but needs to do that every game

Not saying you have - the point I was making is he used to be on Chelsea's books (and spent longer there as a pro than Sawyer has!) yet many believe he's crap.

So what do scouts do? Surely they have a good look at a player first - or is that me being radical?

But Sawyer was offered to us by Chelsea because we have a very good relationship with the according to RM. We was offered him a good few days before anybody else, which allowed Tilly, Brush and RM to decide what to do.

There was no games for Sawyer between the time we was offered him and the time scale we was given by Chelsea.

Tilly played it safe, and I think the vast majority of us would have done the same.

No you are not being radical my sentiments exactly, a scout would have thoroughly checked oput a player before a reccomendation, if he saw he was any good then a end of season loan must follow. All this short loan nonsense has come back to bite us on the bum

DUBLIN_Keith_1985_GH_L.jpg

funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

As he was signed outside the transfer window, we could only have him for a maximum of 93 days, so no we couldnt have had him for the season !!!!

Isn't the only reason people on here now want HRK due to our injury crisis? I certainly never thought of him as a great asset anyhow...

Lots of potential, but not the answer to all our problems?

Back