• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That was the easy bit as it was a platform with no barriers.

I had started to queue at the Virgin ticket desk after I realised my mistake but it became obvious that I would miss the train before getting to the front of the queue. So I just made a dash for it with the hope that as long as I get there I'll worry about the return journey later.

Coming back I sneaked through at Shrewsbury and boarded Virgin at Wolverhampton which was just a case of swapping platforms, so no barriers.

This is a thread about how you feel Sunday morning not about how you committed fraud on the rail network.

Just catching up as, like most Saturday evenings/Sunday mornings after an important defeat, I had to swerve Shrimperzone and all things football-related for a while.

I don't get angry any more after a defeat, for reasons similar to those eloquently covered in FBM's post earlier today. However, the blood pressure starts rising when I see the predictable procession of told-you-so posts shoehorning a carefully selected subset of facts into an anti-Brown agenda in order to "prove" that they were right all along. FFS, give it a rest for another week (at least), before starting the season's post-mortem - it is still possible that you will be "proven" wrong!

Given current location, I have only seen a handful of games this year, so my perspective is a little distant. But it seems to me that this has been a pretty good season regardless, especially after that start. Who would have predicted we would be 4th highest goalscorers in the league back in August (or November), and have folks complaining that we can't accommodate all our forwards?

So how do I feel after yesterday? Disappointed , yes, very. The odds are stacked against us, but to say we have no hope, don't deserve it, bottle-jobs, dressing room is lost etc etc? That is nonsense. IMO.

The absolute only thing which is predictable about following SUFC is that the outcome is unpredictable...Cue Nouble converting the final penalty at Wembley on May 20th, with some folks still giving all the credit to Adam Barrett's dressing room speech from 6 months ago!

Sorry, post ended up longer and more rambling than planned, but like RHB I am looking forward to being the underdogs next Sunday. Bring it on, make me need to check out Ryanair flight prices for late May.

That was the easy bit as it was a platform with no barriers.

I had started to queue at the Virgin ticket desk after I realised my mistake but it became obvious that I would miss the train before getting to the front of the queue. So I just made a dash for it with the hope that as long as I get there I'll worry about the return journey later.

Coming back I sneaked through at Shrewsbury and boarded Virgin at Wolverhampton which was just a case of swapping platforms, so no barriers.

Nowt like a bit of fare-dodging! Of course I have never done this :winking:

[video=youtube_share;BcJQPwjujMk]https://youtu.be/BcJQPwjujMk[/video]

Back to the thread...

Felt pretty hacked off this morning, but fine now.

I expect most M'wall fans feel the same way as they too have almost blown it. But who cares about them! Rochdale are still in with a shout so we just need to win and hope results go our way...

We have so many times lost by the odd goal, and probably not had the run of the green - I think this will end up being a season of 'if onlys' if we're not careful, but we have basically blown up, reckon we have a chance of the playoffs, but what then? On one hand I want another trip to Wembley and promotion, but long term is this the best option?

If we get promoted and don't invest (can Ron afford it with no FF cash coming in yet?) we will come straight back down, however if we have a good start in Lge1 next season we will have a good chance of the autos and momentum and potential investment from the maturing FF retail venture (blue sky thinking!?) the Championship may be more sustainable in the long run.

How do I feel today? I'm still fuming!! Losing is always frustrating, annoying etc, but sometimes other things are more important.

Yesterday, at the final whistle a number of our so called fans, who don't have the brain capacity to cope with losing, are so desperate to confront the celebrating Shrewsbury fans, that they don't think about anyone else. So they barge past me and my 10 year old son, who is autistic, and my son ends up on the floor! My son was so upset, and even hours after the game he had gone unusually quiet and didn't really want to talk about it.

The worst thing is that he is still not quite himself this morning and says he doesn't want to go to the match next week against Bury.

I am hoping he changes his mind, because I can't stand the idea of a few brainless idiots ruining something that he truly enjoys.

How's things now 'secondalibi'?

Hope he's OK.

Just another away day, spoiled only by 90 minutes of football. But to be fair, we've had some good days out, good results and good performances. I felt a lot better today, waking up 7th in the league, one point outside the play offs than I did, say, the morning after the Rochdale debacle (when I booked a holiday for the first week of May as the play offs were a laughable dream) when I'd have taken 5th from bottom as a finishing position.

And as others have said. This team, at this moment in time, isn't strong to survive in the Championship. This time next year, with some smart additions, it might be.

So, yes, the play offs would be good. A nice and much needed money spinner for the club. And you never know what will happen when you get...... we've still got a chance. All the wise sages reckoned Millwall will lose in Bristol, and if they're right all we have to do is not lose....

I do feel like as always, we're getting some massive overreactions to a poor run of form from people on this site.

Yes Millwall have slipped up several times and we haven't taken advantage. It's frustrating and hard to explain, I get that. But it doesn't mean we have to bin off half the squad and the manager.

Phil Brown for me, has always been a bit of a streaky manager. We're either absolutely flying, winning every game and looking like we could win the league, or we're relegation fodder who've forgotten how to kick a ball. It's always been that way during his time with us so I don't know why everyone seems so surprised when it happens again.

Millwall aren't in great form themselves and have another tough game away at Bristol Rovers on the last day. Rochdale had been badly off form for months and had seemingly thrown away any promotion chance after a great first half of the season. That they've recovered and are now flying at the end of the season for me has an element of good fortune about it. Some teams have their bad spell in January, others in April. It's just Sod's law that ours is when the games are running out and the points become that much more important.

I still stand by my belief that this season has been a success whatever happens on Sunday. For one, its reinvigorated my passion for going to games again. Those two heavy home defeats to Millwall and Doncaster last season over Xmas really really hurt as a fan and it took me a long time to convince myself to take 7 hours out of my Saturday to make the long trip to Roots Hall each week. Fast forward to next season and I've got a season ticket again.

We've no doubt in my mind got some very good players for this level who on their day play some of the best football I've seen from a Southend side in probably 10 years. The trouble is, in Leagues One and Two, when everyone is off-form the players can look like they've never seen a ball before. It's just the way it is and it's always been the same. Other supporters will be going through the same with their teams. I doubt confidence is sky high in the Millwall camp right now.

So I suppose what I'm trying to say is let's treat Sunday as a celebration of a good season. We're already guaranteed to have finished higher than last season so whatever happens we've improved.

Get behind the boys and let's see what happens eh?!

yes it was frustrating and annoying but the damage is done earlier in the season as well, when you are throwing away points in the last few minutes of a game, or not taking the chances to win, these will come back and haunt you as much as the last 5 of the campaign........all these points add up at the end of the season not just the ones missed from the last 5 games

I didn't go to Shrewsbury, but speaking more generally I've really enjoyed this season, and don't see any particularly negative potential outcomes.

We could still make it into the playoffs and, just maybe, go up for another tilt in the Championship playing big matches most weeks. I'd look forward to that.

We could fall just short, either in the playoffs or by not quite making them. I'd still reflect on what we've achieved after a rocky start and the quality of the football, and think about what could be in prospect for next year if we retain players and hit the ground running. I'd look forward to that too.

It's a fourth successive year of progress. A handful of slightly disappointing results aren't going to overshadow that for me.

I'm certainly feeling more positive now than I was on Sunday when I was still in :angry: mode. I've got a feeling we'll win, but I'm not sure what to expect from the Millwall game, I hope Bristol Rovers not having anything to play for doesn't work against us. Hopefully they don't decide to play a load of fringe players and kids, I'm sure they'll want to finish on a high in front of their own fans. Fingers crossed....

Back