• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Its official - Jean-Yves Mvoto signs!

Nothing other than the back four that Pubey suggests makes much sense unless Heath has been pulling up trees in training.

I get the impression that White could be here long-term so I'd be very surprised if he didn't start at left-back.

• He is exactly what we need - even bigger than Dervite.
  • He has been watched by the management team a number of times and they liked what they saw, and got a glowing recommendation from a reputable manager.
  • He has played 6 pre-season friendlies for Sunderland, so is match fit.
  • He has been training with the team for most of the week and speaks good English, so is settling in fast.
  • He is a big, mean looking S.O.B and boy is he quick for a 6"4' centre half. There won't be much that will get past him.

Why on earth wouldn't he start? Would be criminal if he didn't.

White is no centre back.
Barrett isn't a left back.
Heath is now down the pecking order a bit.

Francis - M'Voto - Barrett - White

Anything other than that would leave me feeling shocked and worried about our winning prospects tomorrow.

And why do people keep saying he has no league experience? Everywhere I look it says he made 41 appearances for PSG. Surely he didn't make 41 cup appearances in barely 4 years :s

Last edited:
Apparently he never played for PSG's first ream, so those 41 appearances must have been at youth level.

Sunderland's OS certainly makes it appear that they were genuine first team matches though.

And why do people keep saying he has no league experience? Everywhere I look it says he made 41 appearances for PSG. Surely he didn't make 41 cup appearances in barely 4 years :s

Because you are looking in the wrong places! All of his appearances for PSG were at youth and reserve level. Admittedly, the PSG reserve side do play in roughly the fourth tier of French football, but it is an amateur league. He never signed a professional contract with PSG and never represented their first team in League or Cup.

Because you are looking in the wrong places! All of his appearances for PSG were at youth and reserve level. Admittedly, the PSG reserve side do play in roughly the fourth tier of French football, but it is an amateur league. He never signed a professional contract with PSG and never represented their first team in League or Cup.

Is he not very good then ?

Presumably he only didn't sign a professional contract because he was too young to do so. I think you have to be 18 on the Continent to sign Professionally.

Presumably he only didn't sign a professional contract because he was too young to do so. I think you have to be 18 on the Continent to sign Professionally.

I think that's right. When Sunderland came in for him back in January 2008 (when he was 19), it was revealed that he had been offered a professional contract by PSG, but he rejected in favour of a move to England.

Couple of song suggestions:

Whats that coming over the hill ? It's a M'voto, It's a M'voto

One that needs a bit more work with the words in between, same as the Viera song

M'Voto oh ohh ohh ohh
M'Voto oh ohh ohh ohh

I like that, would like to see it tried out.

I think that's right. When Sunderland came in for him back in January 2008 (when he was 19), it was revealed that he had been offered a professional contract by PSG, but he rejected in favour of a move to England.

Looking through the PSG blog you linked on here yesterday, he seemed to have made a few appearances as sub but had limited exposure to first team action. Bearing in mind his then very tender age, I would not think that this should be held against him.

He left apparently because his route to first team action was blocked by several other players who were ahead of him in the pecking order. Again no disgrace.

What probably struck me most though was that a number of supporters considered the Euro 500,000 transfer fee a giveaway, which for a young defender must say something .

0,,10444~6836057,00.jpg

Wouldn't mess with him.

Just expanding on the 'Fernando' song link and here's an idea for evening games:-

"There was something in the air that night - his speed, his height - M'VOTO!"

Looking through the PSG blog you linked on here yesterday, he seemed to have made a few appearances as sub but had limited exposure to first team action. Bearing in mind his then very tender age, I would not think that this should be held against him.

Those substitute appearances were only for friendly matches though. As I mentioned earlier, he has made no League or Cup appearances for the PSG first team. This figure of 41 appearances, if correct, will only count for youth and reserve team matches.

As you quite rightly said, he was so far down the pecking order for defenders at PSG at the time, there was really no way he was going to get a game with the first team.

He is absolutely massive - would be a definite threat at set plays - also will scare opposition completely!

Back