• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's Official: Southend United Owe The Taxman Less Than A Week's Wages

Thorpe Groyney

Open your mind
Details are now emerging of the frankly obscene deal that took Barcelona bit-part player Yaya Toure to Manchester City.

The £24m transfer fee is nothing out of the ordinary for the money-no-object clubs.

What is the real shocker is the weekly wage of £221,000 given to an average top-flight footballer. Yes, TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY ONE THOUSAND POUNDS A WEEK.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/jul/08/justify-footballers-wages-moral-outcry

We need salary caps put on ALL professional clubs right now.

What I find strange is how the wages of footballers is always quoted in weekly amounts. Does the football world think £221,000 doesn't sound as bad as £11,492,000 (Eleven million, four hundred and ninety two thousand) per year

thats just a joke. no one's worth that sort of money. he's not even that great a player. yeah he's good but not 221k a week good.

Don't know how true it is but if you count image rights bonuses etc. he could earn £55 mill in 5 years! What a ****ing joke. He's not that good and how many holding midfielders have they already got?

Part of me thinks let them do it... Yaya Toure is a great player, but he's not on the same level of the types of player that they're hoping to attract.

They're rumoured to be in the race for Torres. I can see how that conversation is going to go:

Hi Fernando, Welcome to the City of Manchester. So, what can we do to get you here?

Well. You're paying Yaya Toure just under £1m a month, and I'm easily twice as good as he is...

Part of me thinks let them do it... Yaya Toure is a great player, but he's not on the same level of the types of player that they're hoping to attract.

They're rumoured to be in the race for Torres. I can see how that conversation is going to go:

Hi Fernando, Welcome to the City of Manchester. So, what can we do to get you here?

Well. You're paying Yaya Toure just under £1m a month, and I'm easily twice as good as he is...

Yeah talk about setting a benchmark.

Back