• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's ok to carry a knife for religion!

Yellow Army

Members
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7989108.stm

Sorry, but how can you have one rule for one religion. At a time when the government are trying to cut out knife crime and stop fatal stabbings that it is acceptable to carry a knife if your a sikh!

Not saying that if you have one your going to use it, but end of the day who says that someone else won't take it off you and use it against you.

How can you protest about having the right to carry a knife

Rant over!

"We were waiting to pay and buy our tickets and then a security guard just came over and said we weren't allowed to go in," she said.

"When we said 'why?' He goes: 'because you're carrying knives.' I just felt like that's kind of wrong."

Duh.

Of course it is.. Let them carry what they want AK47's whatever.. As long as God or some Fat elephant thing with the world on its back, or whatever, says its ok.. I only hope some bigotted security gaurd doesnt stop them getting on planes with their knives.

A couple of Scottish friends of mine were coming down for my wedding and were bringing the full scottish dress, they had to leave their Dirks (the small dress knives worn in the sock) at check in and they were only plastic !

We all know its bollocks but we must say anything must we as we wouldnt want to offend anyone would we as that woulsnt be very British.

its very similar case to not being able to go into a shop with your hood up or with a cap on, but being allowed to in a Burkha

I actually had to deal with this last week with one of my employees who turned to work at a school with a "religious" knife!

They were luckily for me understanding and agreed not to bring it to work, however I dread to think what would have happened if they had not been willing to co-opperate.

I'm sure if a kid had got hold of it and gone on the rampage then everyone would understand on religious grounds

Last edited:
Its part of the 5 symbols of the sheik faith , and its not really that you should be worring about . As its under law supposed to be the size of letter opener . This has been around for decades in law they've been permitted to carry it , its in a sheath normally around the ankle so your not geting out anyytime soon. The Kara (as told to me by a few shiek chums ) is the naughty one as its a steel bracelet you can really wack people with .

I'm very much in favour of any religion that ultimately guarantees you a safe night at Mayhem on Saturday. When the emergency services arrive, you'll be the lucky one in the police car and not the ambulance.

Then, of course, you claim it was a religious act, stroll out the cop shop and get a religious kebab for the wander home.

this kind of stuff get me sooo anyoed off. i dont care what religion people are your not allowed to openly carry a potentially dangergous weapon simple as. if kids arnt allowed to play concers then sihks surely cant be allowed to carry kinves about. you just no if a bloke walked into a goverment building with a spanner saying he needed it coz hes a mechanic hed be asked to leave it with security, so sihks cant expect to be allowed to walk about with knives in my opinionlol

in all honesty. who cares. live and let live and all that

i think to a certain extent that the kind of attitude that is leading to the loss of patriotism in the country. you cant make one rule for the vast majority of people and another for others beacuse they say their religion dictates they have to carry potentially offensive weapons with them.
when someone winds up one of these people and they lash out, remembering they have a knife on them and use it, people will say 'oh yeh i spose it was silly to let people carry them around'. i understand people religions but surely the law should state that under no circumstances should anyone be allowed to keep a knife on them. intresting to know peoples views.

Afternoon chaps,

I must be missing something here. When has it been illegal to carry a blade?

I mean, how else is one going to assert one's manhood and show others how hard one is without slashing up some mug with a stanley knife?
How the **** am I going to push into queues and not get grief from the general public?
How am I going to cut someone a new anus for looking at me funny, like ?

Kind Regards

Well it didn't do Mick Dundee any harm ........................that aint a knife !!

As an electrician I can carry a knife. Quick ban me before I rewire someone's house!

Especially if you're re-wiring a tory house. I suggest you ensure every building you need to visit has a hammer and sickle on the premises. If it isn't present you use your knife until it is.

Hang on their not openly carrying them at all its in a sheath . Plus as their supposed to be practicsing your can spot them a mile away what with the large beards and turbans .

Their order of Ninja's never really took off.

Hang on their not openly carrying them at all its in a sheath . Plus as their supposed to be practicsing your can spot them a mile away what with the large beards and turbans .

Their order of Ninja's never really took off.

Ok. On that premise I'm off down to the Army & Navy tomorrow to buy a big a$$ bowie (sp) knife because it comes with a thick leather sheath and in that respect, according to you, it's ok for me to carry it. Yes?

Load of boolocks. A knifes a knife, sheath or not, and they are illegal. Simple as that. Religious freedoms be dammed. You live in this country you abide by OUR laws. Not bypas them because your God says it's ok to do so. :punch:

Ok. On that premise I'm off down to the Army & Navy tomorrow to buy a big a$$ bowie (sp) knife because it comes with a thick leather sheath and in that respect, according to you, it's ok for me to carry it. Yes?

Load of boolocks. A knifes a knife, sheath or not, and they are illegal. Simple as that. Religious freedoms be dammed. You live in this country you abide by OUR laws. Not bypas them because your God says it's ok to do so. :punch:

Nope your first sentance is bolloks you immediatly take it out of context get the most ridiculous assumption you can and try and use it as a reason . For heavens sake do you even know any sihks , do you know the siz eof it teh practicalities of using it. As MK said you going to have him nicked for being a sparky ? Maybe cheifs or butchers , or maybe all martial artist on their way to say kata displays with Japnese swords . Becuase id be far more afraid of teh afformentioned group then some silly sword who had no idea how to use it .

Back