• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's ok to carry a knife for religion!

Agreed. Intent has absolutely nothing to do with it in the context of the law. As I've said before. I use knives at work all the time, predominantly a four inch lock knife. I keep it in a side pocket whilst at work but if I forgot to lock it away at the end of the day and was pulled over on the way home and that knife was found on my possession I'd get knicked. I have no more intent on using that knife as a weapon as a Sikh carrying his religious blade. What's the difference?

Becuase when the law was amended it took into account the practicalities of the sihk code , who carried them and as this report from 1994 state if it is on display and if it can be drawn easier

The two big issues were whether the kirpan could be seen and whether it could be drawn. The conditions we have imposed are very strict and they mean that actually using the knife would be extremely difficult. Moreover, the Sikh community is adamant that the kirpan is a sacred symbol, and not for practical use.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/sikh-boy-allowed-to-wear-dagger-in-school-1379639.html

Thsi from the goverment website
it is generally an offence to carry a knife in public without good reason or lawful authority (for example, a good reason is a chef on the way to work carrying their own knives) my bold.

Also regarding other objects under teh offence weapons act

. This is also the case with things like screwdrivers - once used in a threatening manner, they are treated as offensive weapons. It is an offence to carry an offensive weapon in a public place, if you don't have a reasonable excuse.

Also regarding your lock knife were it an inch shorter it wouldnt matter if you had it locked away or not

• knives where the blade folds into the handle, like a Swiss Army Knife, aren't illegal as long as the blade is shorter than three inches (7.62 cms)

Well it didn't do Mick Dundee any harm ........................that aint a knife !!

Well in true Aussie styley . mick said any suicide bomber that trys to **** about whene hes in town willl get a can of beans firmly thrown at the bonce of even their undercrackers .

Mick dundee is the new Chuck Norris

Carrying a knife is NOT big or clever, I use too and was a fag paper away from being sent to prision.... I only did not go down because this was back around 2003 before the crack down on knife crime got 100 hours community service instead.

Suppose waving it at a woman did not help!

Not something to be proud of.

Lesson: DONT CARRY KNIVES!

Back