• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Payday for me is now last working day of the month so I will sort you something out over the weekend. I usually take part in any sweepstakes so I would be more than happy to take "ownership" of a team in the WC if someone wants to organise the sweep.

I wouldn't mind organising it, although I will be in Australia during the World Cup which might cause problems.

Disgraceful. I may be fairly new but, as previously mentioned by other users, if you are going to talk to us like dirt, it will be you who's affected and not us. After all, you've come out of the blue demanding money from us.

Based on that reason alone, as much as i am enjoying being a part of SZ, i will NOT be donating.

Interesting. You enjoy receiving something for free yet don't want to contribute to it's running. Why on earth do you think Cricko will be affected? He doesn't do it for personal gain. If there was no Zone I'd be quids in but I've actually upped my sponsorship over the years due to the increased traffic and costs providing people like you to have the platform to air your views. There are God knows how many registered posters on here who all enjoy SZ, a service which is run voluntarily by the mods and financed by the main sponsors, of which I am one and have been since the year we won the League 2 play offs. Despite all the moaning and criticism I have had to deal with in the past (mainly because of my blue-tinted take on Ron Martin's stewardship), I still have kept my sponsorship going because it is a platform for all opinion SUFC related and I'm not arrogant enough to think I'm right all the time.

All those who have loved to disagree and debate with me over the years, please be aware that it is the owners, the mods and the sponsors who have provided their time, resources and dosh to enable you to do that.

No-one demanded any money. No-one is asking you to do them a favour. If you enjoy contributing to the zone, then maybe contribute to it's running cost so you can keep enjoying it in the future. (That's aimed at everyone not already doing so by the way).

Interesting. You enjoy receiving something for free yet don't want to contribute to it's running. Why on earth do you think Cricko will be affected? He doesn't do it for personal gain. If there was no Zone I'd be quids in but I've actually upped my sponsorship over the years due to the increased traffic and costs providing people like you to have the platform to air your views. There are God knows how many registered posters on here who all enjoy SZ, a service which is run voluntarily by the mods and financed by the main sponsors, of which I am one and have been since the year we won the League 2 play offs. Despite all the moaning and criticism I have had to deal with in the past (mainly because of my blue-tinted take on Ron Martin's stewardship), I still have kept my sponsorship going because it is a platform for all opinion SUFC related and I'm not arrogant enough to think I'm right all the time.

All those who have loved to disagree and debate with me over the years, please be aware that it is the owners, the mods and the sponsors who have provided their time, resources and dosh to enable you to do that.

No-one demanded any money. No-one is asking you to do them a favour. If you enjoy contributing to the zone, then maybe contribute to it's running cost so you can keep enjoying it in the future. (That's aimed at everyone not already doing so by the way).

Well said that man! :clap:

Donation given. Thanks for taking me away from the normal daily grind on a regular basis!

Payday for me is now last working day of the month so I will sort you something out over the weekend. I usually take part in any sweepstakes so I would be more than happy to take "ownership" of a team in the WC if someone wants to organise the sweep.

I'm delighted Cricko has come back to us on here, and bearing in mind that the two names I've heard mentioned are two who constantly resort to pedantry then I don't see anything wrong in Cricko being a bit sharp with them. It's not as if they don't know him, or he, them. They have also both been Zone members long enough to know the costs involved in running it, which some of our newer members probably don't. If Cricko wants to discuss his private life then he will, if he doesn't then he doesn't need those two giving him grief.

Do people seriously think this would as successful a site if you had to pay to be a member? Because that'll be the choice soon if people don't take things a little more seriously here....pay up voluntarily as you've been asked to, that way the Zone will continue to be the great meeting place we know it to be.

Oh and nice offer from MC Blues there, well done that poster!

Not wanting to get involved in the rights and wrongs of the issue yet, I do want to pick you up on this. What you've basically said is that you've dismissed their argument because of the people who made it, rather than looking at the merits of their argument. For me, that is a dangerous way to go through life.

As for the argument at hand. I fully understand that people have seen a person leave this board, and then come back to ask for money. Maybe it wasn't intended to come over that way, but they do have a fair point. I know I risk being struck off, but perhaps there is a lesson to be learned by the mods on here: to be a bit more careful about who actually posts pleas for money. With hindsight maybe Cricko wasn't the best choice.

The message would have been just as valid if any one of you had asked. Moreover, it may even have been better received.

As for me. I will donate when funds allow, which will probably be tomorrow!

I know I risk being struck off, but perhaps there is a lesson to be learned by the mods on here: to be a bit more careful about who actually posts pleas for money. With hindsight maybe Cricko wasn't the best choice.

The message would have been just as valid if any one of you had asked. Moreover, it may even have been better received.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there are now only two actual owners, Cricko was asking as one of those. I think historically it's always been Cricko that asks for donations when they're needed. Not normally something that the moderators do.

I didn't see what was posted yesterday otherwise I'd have probably responded more specifically, but I still reserve the right to back up someone who is a mate.

Now you listen Kay, when someone says they are leaving a site, makes a big public show about it THEN comes back out of the blue and asks for donations, we have a right to ask. Keep your thoughts to yourself because it has NOTHING to do with you

Don't be such a p***s Phil!

The mods don't get involved in the finances.

I did ask McNasty yesterday when he gave me a lift in his Ferrari on the way to his Yacht if he wanted a hand in that aspect, but his butler told me to shut up.

I think it was a brilliant bit of marketing, this thread could have been dead and buried in a very short period, as it is 60 posts and going stong.

Well drone Cricko you cunning fox!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there are now only two actual owners, Cricko was asking as one of those. I think historically it's always been Cricko that asks for donations when they're needed. Not normally something that the moderators do.

I didn't see what was posted yesterday otherwise I'd have probably responded more specifically, but I still reserve the right to back up someone who is a mate.
maybe just keep your beak out.

I'll donate some cash tomorrow when I get paid.

Back