• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

3,400+ views on this thread so far.....allowing for "thank-you's, duplications and questions"...if the viewers all chipped in say a £5 ....I believe SZ would be financially sound for a good period of time ...:thumbsup:

Cant imagine life without shrimperzone now, really is essential for all things blue or shrimplike. Have now fowarded donation for £1-2s-6d which I trust will keeep us running for another year. Mind you some people say I havent kept pace with the times :blush:

Cheque received kind sir.

3,400+ views on this thread so far.....allowing for "thank-you's, duplications and questions"...if the viewers all chipped in say a £5 ....I believe SZ would be financially sound for a good period of time ...:thumbsup:

Back in the day we used to have regular raffles with proper prizes that used to raise a good deal of money so people could chip in with a £5 note for some tickets, unfortunately people have less and less time to organise such things, which is why it's important that those that use and enjoy the site contribute now.

I have no idea what all the aggro was about earlier in the thread but it's a shame people get wound up about things that are really not that important. Not like why can't we score any goals for instance.

I don't post very often but read SZ a lot. I pay for papers to read, I pay for books to read so here's a couple of quid for the Zone.

Back in the day we used to have regular raffles with proper prizes that used to raise a good deal of money so people could chip in with a £5 note for some tickets, unfortunately people have less and less time to organise such things, which is why it's important that those that use and enjoy the site contribute now.

Back in the day we had drink ups and party's

Then nobody gave a **** anymore

Just a faceless community now

Back in the day we had drink ups and party's

Then nobody gave a **** anymore

Just a faceless community now

Exactly. Apathy took over. Numbers dwindled away. Those who did so much felt they couldn't keep on giving when others didn't seem interested, it's a common pattern in life.

You only have to look in the Spread on match days to see the difference.

When we were more successful the crowds were quite a bit higher, this was reflected in the pub customers --- I used to start pouring beer constantly at 12.30 and not move from the lager pumps for 2 hours as the barstaff would be taking the filled pints as fast as I could pour them.

The pub was very busy for the Hull game but usually it is much less busy than it used to be , probably why it is going back on the market.

We used to have very good raffles years ago in there but, as you say, the clientele changes over time and the Zone don't have as many helpers as we used to have.

We find people donating because they want to to be more successful and , quite frankly, easier for us.

Its got to be worth a tenner to slag of Barna every now and then.

Back