• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's the goalkeeper that is causing all the chaos!

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Had the same problem since he's been here ( prefer him to Bishop though)

He refuses to dominate and take the pressure off his defenders and eventually it pings in the back of the net.

Yes he makes spectacular saves (who don't).......but whoever takes over must replace Oxley and get a proper keeper in

On the plus side i thought Hamilton was excellent and for 20 mins in the first half they pinged it around like a decent team.......then it fell apart!

Had the same problem since he's been here ( prefer him to Bishop though)

He refuses to dominate and take the pressure off his defenders and eventually it pings in the back of the net.

Yes he makes spectacular saves (who don't).......but whoever takes over must replace Oxley and get a proper keeper in

On the plus side i thought Hamilton was excellent and for 20 mins in the first half they pinged it around like a decent team.......then it fell apart!

Who was the last "proper keeper" we have had?

My memory might be betraying me but I'm sure you had bad things to say about Bentley as well.

Can't ever remember a worst keeper for staying on his line......defence ain't great but he don't exactly help them out does he?

But
Oxley will, rightly, be disappointed with the first (or second) but after that was really good and pulled off some great saves

But that's the point.....he's disappointed every week for one or two goals.....never has a consistently good match.

Both goalkeepers are SHOCKINGLY bad and it’s a major, major problem. When your defence also resembles a sieve and your midfield is surely one of the worst League One has ever seen it only leads to one outcome....relegation.

But at least we have a decent manager at the helm who can sort this shambles out. Oh wait....

:Scared:

Having seem the goals again, Oxley really should have done better with the first one.

Still think it was wrong to release Smith in the summer.

Sorry Wiggy ,it's the totally unbalanced midfield 1st which in turn exposes a weak back 4. Oxley although not an outstanding keeper was never exposed by a poor defence under Brown and was a reasonable keeper at this level

Goalkeepers are only as good as the centre - halves in front of them and ours are pretty poor - just like England last night. It wrecks the whole balance of the team .

He wasn't at his best today but actually's been one of our best players in the last month. The back four have to take the brunt of the blame IMO, plenty of chances to clear the ball prior to both the first two goals.

Last edited:
Both goalkeepers are SHOCKINGLY bad and it’s a major, major problem. When your defence also resembles a sieve and your midfield is surely one of the worst League One has ever seen it only leads to one outcome....relegation.
A bit harsh imho as Nathan Bishop is still only 19

An outstanding goalkeeper will improve any team at any level, but I can't believe Oxley & Bishop are the cause of our current situation.

Neither Oxley or Bishop are perfect goalkeepers, if they were they wouldn’t be playing in League 1. But the goalkeeper position is the least of our worries.

How on earth can you watch our completely useless midfield and defence and try and claim it’s the goalkeepers that’s causing all the problems. Completely delusional.

I’m sorry to say but I looked quite a lot at Mark Oxley yesterday and reached the sad conclusion that he’s shot
Yes he made some good goal line saves
Yes he’s better than Nathan
But he’s a big feller and he plays like he’s a little feller
He seems to lack the confidence to come for crosses and I honestly think it transmits itself to the defence
When the new mob move on they need to attend to the easy fixes first and I’m afraid to say that the goalkeeper issue is the first

....and as a supposed shot stopper he still costs us one of them chucked into the Dracula on crosses moments most weeks.

Yesterday's first goal should have been bread and butter but no......he hands them the confidence to kick on and our fragile lot the opposite!

Back