• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now as we contemplate being straight back to square 1 or league 2, we are all jumping to blame someone.

No not Blue Square 1? I can handle League 2 football but not non-league!

By the way did anyone hear Simon Francis interview on the radio this morning he stated that Steve Tilson pinned the league table up in the dressing room wall before Saturdays match. All the players then realised we are in a relegation scrap!! I hope they had a look at it after the match as well.

Yes we are all aware that you beleive yourself as clubs number one supporter scott. Its funny how you say you just want to get behind the boys but i have lost count as to the number of times i have seen you at games screaming abuse at the same players you claim 100% devotion to.

I suppose you will be happy supporting southend when we are in the blue square premier infront of 1500 so you can prove what a great fan you are sticking with the club. Equally if we are playing infront of 20,000 at fossetts five years from now , you will be the one singing the " Where were you when we were poor chants" at all our new fans.

Must be a mighty fine view from that exceedingly high horse that your sitting on.

Yes we are all aware that you beleive yourself as clubs number one supporter scott. Its funny how you say you just want to get behind the boys but i have lost count as to the number of times i have seen you at games screaming abuse at the same players you claim 100% devotion to.

I suppose you will be happy supporting southend when we are in the blue square premier infront of 1500 so you can prove what a great fan you are sticking with the club. Equally if we are playing infront of 20,000 at fossetts five years from now , you will be the one singing the " Where were you when we were poor chants" at all our new fans.

Must be a mighty fine view from that exceedingly high horse that your sitting on.

Not at all mate I am no better then anybody else who supports Southend everybody has there own method of support whether it be buying shares in the club, some who work for the club others who go to away games etc... my method of supporting is a rather loud and brash support but thats me and there are others like me but the bottom line here is nobody is a better supporter or worse supporter then anybody else there are some people on here that I don't get on with such as wiggy and SUFC-forever but I dont doubt their support any less.

I challenge you to ask anybody on here that I think I am better then anybody else they will tell you Ihave never ever been like that.

Also yeah I have shouted at the players before but its because I care and we have all been guilty of that before, it really hurts that you come on here taking a snipe at me saying I don't support the team when all I do every game is post on here to drum up support before games buying balloons taking the drum all over the place I don't do it for me I do it for the team and the fans to help us for fill our potential to be the 12th man for the lads

Hell you don't even know me!

I think we should all start supporting another club.

That would ***ing show Ron we are not going to be messed about with.

When we protested against Jobson all the fans had mixed views and thought it would upset the players on the pitch.
I think we chose the Tranmere game at home to protest at and amazingly the player had t-shirts under their tops backing us with slogans of Jobson out.
We all stood in the north bank amazed but you could tell the players loved the fact we was backing them and it reminds me now of the situation we had then.
I dont think we need to have a mass protest like tranmere (supporters running on the pitch with banners, even though it was fun and you know who it was when you read this!!!) but do need to voice our concerns. I think if the supporters are going to protest wait until after the Exeter game and do it outside the boardroom like we did against Notts County (Collymore home debut I believe) as this will keep it from the game but will let Martin know we are serious!!!

I think we should all start supporting another club.

That would ***ing show Ron we are not going to be messed about with.

Good point, to show how strong my support is for Southend I am supporting Fulham at the moment. To be honest it's a really exciting time to be a cottager.

When we protested against Jobson all the fans had mixed views and thought it would upset the players on the pitch.
I think we chose the Tranmere game at home to protest at and amazingly the player had t-shirts under their tops backing us with slogans of Jobson out.
We all stood in the north bank amazed but you could tell the players loved the fact we was backing them and it reminds me now of the situation we had then.
I dont think we need to have a mass protest like tranmere (supporters running on the pitch with banners, even though it was fun and you know who it was when you read this!!!) but do need to voice our concerns. I think if the supporters are going to protest wait until after the Exeter game and do it outside the boardroom like we did against Notts County (Collymore home debut I believe) as this will keep it from the game but will let Martin know we are serious!!!

Some good points. Those protests galvanized the team.

I think your bang out of order. TB or scott as he is known is not someone i really know but he bloody cares about the club. Not saying you dont but he puts all his energy into supporting the club at the moment and really does try drumming up support. Yes i think he should look at the bigger picture a bit more but dont knock him for his support.

Beefy, Are you joking? If your not joking you're either being Naieve or plain dismissive for the sake of it.

There are plenty of Ron followers on here that have blind faith in him.

That is fact. If you don't (want) to believe it, then don't! I personally couldn't give a toss

start naming names then.
let's see if the people you think have blind faith in RM really do.
personally I think many of your posts seem to be directed at completely imaginary people.

start naming names then.
let's see if the people you think have blind faith in RM really do.
personally I think many of your posts seem to be directed at completely imaginary people.

If you don't think Ron is a **** that pretty much constitutes having blind faith in him.

If you don't think Ron is a **** that pretty much constitutes having blind faith in him.

Is that your definition or your interpretation of GBJ's view?

If there is a credible alternative owner to Ron Martin I really wish they would make themselves known. I am not aware of any public statements from the Consortium since last autumn and their public statement of buying the club for £1 didn't sound like a serious offer to me.
I know people are talking about protesting about Ron Martin but we need to know there is an alternative ready to take his place.
If all this means I have blind faith in RM then I need to buy a new dictionary

Is that your definition or your interpretation of GBJ's view?

If there is a credible alternative owner to Ron Martin I really wish they would make themselves known. I am not aware of any public statements from the Consortium since last autumn and their public statement of buying the club for £1 didn't sound like a serious offer to me.
I know people are talking about protesting about Ron Martin but we need to know there is an alternative ready to take his place.
If all this means I have blind faith in RM then I need to buy a new dictionary

My interpretation of some people's view.

Get behind the team and ensure we stay in league 1. THEN when the season is over protest about the management and/or RM.

Now is not the time when we are fighting for our league one lives to 'rebel' against anyone.

Get behind the team and ensure we stay in league 1. THEN when the season is over protest about the management and/or RM.

Now is not the time when we are fighting for our league one lives to 'rebel' against anyone.

Be too late then action is required the sacking of Paul Brush really is the final straw

And what good does it do when the season's over?

It's like deciding to die after a funeral.

Protest when the season is over......TOO LATE, this club will be in league 2, Tilly will be gone and Ron will be on his summer holiday having his hair fanned by a naked thailand beauty with extra large sized hands, and care not a jot what is happening in SS1

ALL this rubbish about ''dont protest get behind the team'' it does my head in!

The PLAYERS know we arent protesting at them, we would be protesting at the board! and surely if the rumours do have any truth about no payment of wages etc then the players would more than likely back up the protest as im sure they are as displeased about the current status of the club as we are!

ALL this rubbish about ''dont protest get behind the team'' it does my head in!

The PLAYERS know we arent protesting at them, we would be protesting at the board! and surely if the rumours do have any truth about no payment of wages etc then the players would more than likely back up the protest as im sure they are as displeased about the current status of the club as we are!

Well said mate

Back