• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It'sssss Friday!

Pubey

what a week.

Big game tomorrow, wish I could be there!

a3Y07RN_460sa.gif

Same here, gutted I can't get down for the game. Hoping to get to next Fridays Newport game though.

Haha, in a shock turn around this glory hunter is attending. The week has been pretty standard however, though a bright spot was watching Casablanca for the first time and immediately sticking it in my top 10.

Casablanca, Citizen Kane, never seen 'em.

Probably should, TBH.

Citizen Kane boring?

Not enough car chases, explosions and roundhouse kicks for you?

Ahem, I think you know by now that my film choices do not include such things. It was a long time ago, maybe I should revisit it.

You should but The Third Man and A Touch of Evil are much better films.

The Third Man is excellent as is ATOE. But CK is excellent and I preferred it to the other 2.

Casablanca is of course superb. Not in my top 10 and not my favourite Bogart film however. That would be the African Queen or the Maltese Falcon

Casablanca, Citizen Kane, never seen 'em.

Probably should, TBH.

What on earth has happened to popular film culture in the UK?

There was a time when I would have seen films like these, either on the box or at WHS film club, (I can certainly remember seeing High Noon and The Birds there, among a host of foreign language films).

At Uni, I used to help run a film club where we booked popular films on Wednesdays, (eg Butch Cassidy etc) to susidize showing of films like Rashomon on Sunday evenings.

As a teenager I remember going to see films like Oliver's Henry Vth at the Cliffs Regional Film theatre or Orson Welles' Othello at the Esseldo.The BFI wasn't too far away and associate membership was cheap.

What on earth has happened to popular film culture in the UK?

There was a time when I would have seen films like these, either on the box or at WHS film club, (I can certainly remember seeing High Noon and The Birds there, among a host of foreign language films).

At Uni, I used to help run a film club where we booked popular films on Wednesdays, (eg Butch Cassidy etc) to susidize showing of films like Rashomon on Sunday evenings.

As a teenager I remember going to see films like Oliver's Henry Vth at the Cliffs Regional Film theatre or Orson Welles' Othello at the Esseldo.The BFI wasn't too far away and associate membership was cheap.

Probably busy watching popular films, not the classics.

I'd happily sit down and watch them - however I've not seen them on TV to record and I enjoy going to the cinema to watch new releases.

Back