• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I purchased an iPod classic for xMas and have been ripping Mrs. MC CD collection so she can listen to her music around the house.

iTunes seems to get confused with compilation albums and these often corrupt the track listings for previously ripped albums.

Also, some tracks which are by multiple artists (e.g. Peter Andre featuring Bubbler Ranks, Soup dragons featuring Junior Reid etc.) appear as standalone albums with a single track instead of as a track within the correct album

Should I manually organize my files rather than let iTunes do it or is there something I am missing? I should point out that being male I refuse to read the instructions.

Cheers.

I purchased an iPod classic for xMas and have been ripping Mrs. MC CD collection so she can listen to her music around the house.

iTunes seems to get confused with compilation albums and these often corrupt the track listings for previously ripped albums.

Also, some tracks which are by multiple artists (e.g. Peter Andre featuring Bubbler Ranks, Soup dragons featuring Junior Reid etc.) appear as standalone albums with a single track instead of as a track within the correct album

Should I manually organize my files rather than let iTunes do it or is there something I am missing? I should point out that being male I refuse to read the instructions.

Cheers.

Mackintosh and Microsoft........not good bed fellows

I know, I speak from experience (plus getting stuff down from places like Limewire doesn't guarantee the quality of track info!)

It's the old compilation CDs I have which need rejigging. And being a music geek I've reclassified the genres as well into Mod, 70s Funk, 80s Funk, Brit hip-hop, and so on.

Let it do the auto naming, then if you know it's wrong, manually edit the ones you want to change!

Yep, this is what I do too. The folder thing really screws with my MP3 player but you cna't have everything when you're using multi-company products. Well, yous hould be able to but most of the big players in the music industry are obstinate ****ers.

One other thing I would strongly recommend is changing your file types from Apple's "we're the only music company in the universe" AAC version or whatever they call it. I've never noticed any difference between this encoding and MP3 but as soon as you try and use AAC on anything else, you'll seee the problem.

You can always tell a dirty secret in software when they hide a fairly simple but sometimes important feature under Advanced and a separate tab under that in your preferences. In this case, it's Preferences, Advanced, Importing. MP3 Encoder at 192Kb should be enough I imagine.

*Luddite alert*

I have iTunes on my computer, having bought an iPod (the battery of which has now given up on me). All my music which I've uploaded onto my computer is therefore stored on iTunes.

I'm quite taken with the idea of getting one of these phones that also acts as an mp3 player.

Can I load music from iTunes onto such a phone - or are the two formats completely incompatible?

:confused:

Can I load music from iTunes onto such a phone - or are the two formats completely incompatible?

:confused:

Think you would need to convert the format of the saved tracks from AAC to MP3 (see previous comment above)!

Does the phone come with music software for your PC?

Think you would need to convert the format of the saved tracks from AAC to MP3 (see previous comment above)!

Does the phone come with music software for your PC?

The music files on my computer seem to suggest they are "MP4" files...? How easy is it to convert?

I haven't got the phone yet, so the answer to that is... I'm not sure!

Matt

The music files on my computer seem to suggest they are "MP4" files...? How easy is it to convert?

I haven't got the phone yet, so the answer to that is... I'm not sure!

Matt

I don't know if this will be any help but i recently got a Nokia 6300 with music playing capabilities and I had a CDROM with it which installed the music player for the phone and, although i don't use iTunes, the phone music player converts the file in to its own format making file movements easy.

So if your new phones comes with a CDROM you should be able to move files from any music file or player.

I don't know if this will be any help but i recently got a Nokia 6300 with music playing capabilities and I had a CDROM with it which installed the music player for the phone and, although i don't use iTunes, the phone music player converts the file in to its own format making file movements easy.

So if your new phones comes with a CDROM you should be able to move files from any music file or player.

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but is that the same CD which enables you to transfer pictures etc to and from the phone to the computer?

Back