• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JoshC

Members
I can't have been the only one who tune to ITV to catch the highlights of this weeks Carling Cup action, I also can't be the only one who is p155ed of with the ****e that was on offer. It was an utter **** take, not that this matters much to me but the opening thingy was just The Championship with Carling Cup coming up as the title, this doesn't bother me but shows a complete lack of effort. For an hour programme that started at 11pm the main game (man city v bristol city) went on until 11:40 with two advert breaks in between, pointless interviews and parts of the game shown not worthy of "highlight" status.the next five minute were filled with the other games from tonight (the Newcastle game coming with a very dodgy picture too) and another advert break. A further 7 minutes was used to show highlights (not just goals) from Liverpool and Arsenal's Champions league qualifiers and a feature of advertising for the Rugby World cup which lasted a few minutes, by this stage I was getting a bit aggravated as all I had wanted to do was see the goals from a game that I could not make. the last 7 minutes showed some (not all) of the goals from around 7 games (I think just all of the games that a premiership team was involved in?) I may be being a bit over the top but in my opinion this show was a disgrace and it worrys me that ITV seem to be getting more and more coverage football and showing more and more incopetence. I have waited through ten minutes of adverts, highlights of two games i have already seen, stretched out highlights of a match to find out my team is not good enough to be shown how is this fair? If an hour is not enough (which it clearly isn't) then just knock half an hour off of ****ing Glitterball.

:mad:

Last edited:
I can't have been the only one who tune to ITV to catch the highlights of this weeks Carling Cup action, I also can't be the only one who is p155ed of with the ****e that was on offer. It was an utter **** take, not that this matters much to me but the opening thingy was just The Championship with Carling Cup coming up as the title, this doesn't bother me but shows a complete lack of effort. For an hour programme that started at 11pm the main game (man city v bristol city) went on until 11:40 with two advert breaks in between, pointless interviews and parts of the game shown not worthy of "highlight" status.the next five minute were filled with the other games from tonight (the Newcastle game coming with a very dodgy picture too) and another advert break. A further 7 minutes was used to show highlights (not just goals) from Liverpool and Arsenal's Champions league qualifiers and a feature of advertising for the Rugby World cup which lasted a few minutes, by this stage I was getting a bit aggravated as all I had wanted to do was see the goals from a game that I could not make. the last 7 minutes showed some (not all) of the goals from around 7 games (I think just all of the games that a premiership team was involved in?) I may be being a bit over the top but in my opinion this show was a disgrace and it worrys me that ITV seem to be getting more and more coverage football and showing more and more incopetence. I have waited through ten minutes of adverts, highlights of two games i have already seen, stretched out highlights of a match to find out my team is not good enough to be shown how is this fair? If an hour is not enough (which it clearly isn't) then just knock half an hour off of ****ing Glitterball.

:mad:

agreed to a certain degree - i too waited to see the goals from the southend game and they didnt show it...i even went out this morning to get a newspaper to read the match report and stats etc. and while every other match got either a full paragraph or big spread - southend got 2 lines!

im willing to bite my lip now and wait for us to beat chelsea in the next round and then we'll get the back page all to ourselves :D

nothing unusual especially from itv. i think their coverage is rubbish at best.

i was totally peeved too.... it was advertised as 'All the action from round 2 of the Carling cup' ..... erm.... BOLLOX!

I tuned in to Sky last night as i noted the programme started at 7... bound to show our goals before KO :rolleyes: Wrong, just showed the Premiersh!te teams plus Wolves (i think)

They are doing a Carling Cup special tonight on SS1 at 6:30 if this helps (and they are showing ALL the goals this time)

i would really recommend anyone getting blues world if you have broadband. the extended highlights are fantastic

Yeah, BW is quite good with that, they've had extended highlights for every game this season too since Virgin started showing the goals for free. No sound though, which is a mixed blessing - I'd quite like to hear the ambient noise, but it is nice not to have that useless commentator that's now doing the Virgin ones.

ITV are bloody awful when it comes to football highlights (and even live games!). If they can't be bothered to put a proper highlights show together then they should give the rights to someone who can.

Watched SSN after the game the other night for a couple of hours to see the goals and again they didnt show them. Instead they kept on showing the same highlights of other games again and again. I dont think we were the only team not shown either. I'm wondering if there was a technical reason why both SSN and ITV havent shown them. Or perhaps they had a list of the selective games they wanted to cover and our match wasnt on the list. Either way, we are supporters like any other in the country and should be treated the same.

It's the way it is I'm afraid. I sat through it as well, but Southend v Watford is hardly a glamour tie and I'm afraid to say more viewers would have been interested in the analysis of Bristol City v Man City and the Champions League coverage than seeing one or both of our goals.

The best thing ITV ever did was Football League Extra which used to be on about midnight and was an excellent, well balanced show. They've never really got it right since.

On the subject, I quite enjoy Anglia Soccer Night but why is it that it only seems to appear about three months into the season?

The draw is 12.15 Satruday, presumably on Sky Sports

It's the way it is I'm afraid. I sat through it as well, but Southend v Watford is hardly a glamour tie and I'm afraid to say more viewers would have been interested in the analysis of Bristol City v Man City and the Champions League coverage than seeing one or both of our goals.

Yep, thats it, to them its all about ratings and viewers. They want to please the biggest audience that they can and for them, showing the bigger games is going to bring more viewers in. In their eyes, they dont see the point of wasting time showing all the non glamourous ties when they can show the big boys. Part and parcel of supporting the team we do I guess, another reason why we only ever get 3cm of column inches in most papers - bar the man united victory of course :D

Back