• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ITV FA Cup Highlights

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
Does anyone know which games are set to be featured as the main games on the ITV highlights show on Saturday?

As such all games/goals should be covered as BBC/Sky did when they had the FA Cup contract. However with the way ITV treat sport and think that clubs below the premiershite are lower than a snakes bollocks this remains to be seen.

I saw somewhere it was Havant & Waterlooville V Brentford. Probably cos of their exploits last season..

one of the highlight games is blyth shrewsbury, you would have thought given the exploits of the old telford united that our game would have been chosen as a highlight at least especially as there will be a decent gate too nothing worse than watching a match on tv with no atmasphere.

Thankfully there are no premier clubs playing in the cup Saturday so the highlights package will only include the real clubs from league one and below. I don't know how ITV will cover all the games but I'm sure extended highlights will come from those games that have a potential giant killing side to them. Telford-SUFC will have that appeal I'm sure. However if we stuff them there will be no mileage in ITV showing us the top of the schedule. So in a way we are damned if we lose and damned if we dont.

I presume you are a Telford fan 'Mr Wheels' well you can take some comfort from the fact our recent cup exploits have not been stuffings when non league teams were the opposition. A home defeat to Kingstonian and an away loss to Scarborough in recent times will bear testiment to that fact. Enjoy the day though, I'm more than a little dissapointed that work beckons and I will not be making the trip up North. A replay would suit me fine midweek games fit in with my schedule much better than those at weekends!

I saw somewhere it was Havant & Waterlooville V Brentford. Probably cos of their exploits last season..

No, that's the live game on Sunday. I expect ITV will decide which games to concentrate on in their highlights show once the results are in.

Er, I think you've posted this on shrimperzone by mistake. Shouldn't your question be sent to someone who works for ITV?

Alright smartar*se. What I meant was sometimes the main games are announced on a website or something. They show 3 (or 4) games of extended highlights n then all the other games' goals.

As our game has the potential for a 'giantkilling' I thought there was a good chance we may be one of those 3 or 4.

Alright smartar*se. What I meant was sometimes the main games are announced on a website or something. They show 3 (or 4) games of extended highlights n then all the other games' goals.

As our game has the potential for a 'giantkilling' I thought there was a good chance we may be one of those 3 or 4.

I imagine, like MOTD, they will go where the "Shocks" are. If we lose tomorrow we have more chance of having extended highlights than if we was to win.

I imagine our "highlights" will just be the goals.

You could always try looking it up yourself you know.

I think the main featured games will be:

Blyth Spartans v Shrewsbury Town
Sutton United v Notts County
Carlisle United v Grays Athletic

I think at the very least there should probably be the goals from every game in tonight's programme, which is on itv1 at 10.35pm.

There will be highlights from every single First Round FA Cup game available on the itv website from first thing Monday morning.

Back