• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What crap highlights they were, there's 10 seconds I won't get back of my life. There was more to the game then the penalty miss. Daniels making a good save from a free kick and a great save from a shot that looked like it was going to dip in. Also Hall's shot near the end.

What crap highlights they were, there's 10 seconds I won't get back of my life. There was more to the game then the penalty miss. Daniels making a good save from a free kick and a great save from a shot that looked like it was going to dip in. Also Hall's shot near the end.

I should change the thread title to 'highlight' :smile:. Mind you they didn't show much more for any of the other games.

Yes, because the waiting masses really wanted Plymouth v Stourbridge, Fleetwood v Wycombe, or Hinckley v Tamworth cut right down so they could see a lot more of a 0-0 draw.

38 games to be shown in roughly the same time as the Football League Show, less those ad breaks, with the extra attraction of non-league clubs looking for an upset, so of course a goalless draw between two league sides is going to be sidelined to the bare minimum.

True, I wouldn't have expected much more on the telly before the Halifax game ..... but showing a good Daniels save and the Hall shot (and save) on the webbynet would give a better picture of what was an entertaining match.

As Sutton Who says .......... what else should we expect from ITV ......... and one has to question the Football Association ......... they sell the Cup name to a company that has nothing to do with this country or the sport (and produce crap fizzy lager that has no taste) and they sell the telly rights to an organisation who have a poor record at providing sport coverage ....... they clearly put their pockets before any consideration for the fans.:sad:

ITV is terrible.
Does anyone else have trouble viewing stuff on ITVplayer? - bbc iplayer and other video sites work perfectly- just itv always jumps and freezes

I was at the game so not too bothered about the awful highlights which I kind of expected after the travesty that was trying to get non-existant highlights of the Chelsea game (again was there but would've been nice to see). More annoyed that I had to sit through a minutes worth of adverts for 10 seconds of blues.

True, I wouldn't have expected much more on the telly before the Halifax game ..... but showing a good Daniels save and the Hall shot (and save) on the webbynet would give a better picture of what was an entertaining match.

As Sutton Who says .......... what else should we expect from ITV ......... and one has to question the Football Association ......... they sell the Cup name to a company that has nothing to do with this country or the sport (and produce crap fizzy lager that has no taste) and they sell the telly rights to an organisation who have a poor record at providing sport coverage ....... they clearly put their pockets before any consideration for the fans.:sad:

And having a final with a 5.15pm KO for TV audiences in the US (allegedly....)

Hmmmm :angry: The only good thing I can say about that Vange Shrimper, is that the more crass decisions the FA make (and they do seem to be rather good at that), the more likely it becomes that fans finally say "enough is enough - stop messing about with our game and think about the fans for once".

Oh don't be niave. They dont give a flying **** about us. The FA are lead by the Premiership clubs and TV companies, and they are only really bothered about how much money they can make. All the top clubs know they will sell out week after week after week, so can charge what they like, kick off whenever and not bat an eyelid when fans complain.

Absolutely Lord Football - but you never know, one day (I never give up hope) it might dawn on someone at FA HQ that perhaps the strength of division 1 is because it is sat on division 2, 3, 4, the conference etcetera ....... and whilst having hoards of admiring chinese, vietnamese, south africans, columbians and croatians is interesting, it still makes sense not to constantly alienate those who actually bother to turn up to games rather than simply turn on the telly, watch Sky and then pretend to know all there is about the game ........... :omg:

If there was no atmosphere at the Premiershite games they beam around the world, the FA would have no product to sell. Where it's really hitting is attendances in the Championship. If you look at places like Middlesbrough, Blackpool etc, places that were full in the Premiershite, are now literally half-empty.

But then I have little sympathy for them with their precious parachute payments. What a farce.

ITV is terrible.
Does anyone else have trouble viewing stuff on ITVplayer? - bbc iplayer and other video sites work perfectly- just itv always jumps and freezes

Perhaps if ITV made us pay £145.50 a year under threat of imprisonment, they could reach the giddy heights of 'Strictly'. As it is, we actually get some international football for the price of some crappy adverts and that ******** Adrian Chiles.

It's a difficult choice :unsure:- pay a TV licence at a fraction of alternatives such as Sky (and the meglomaniacs that go with it) and get some good TV with less inane prattle - or pay nothing and get much poorer programmes overall and have to put up with adverts, sponsorship and all the other tat that comes with it ............ on second thoughts, I'll stick with the TV licence ............. :happy:

It's a difficult choice :unsure:- pay a TV licence at a fraction of alternatives such as Sky (and the meglomaniacs that go with it) and get some good TV with less inane prattle - or pay nothing and get much poorer programmes overall and have to put up with adverts, sponsorship and all the other tat that comes with it ............ on second thoughts, I'll stick with the TV licence ............. :happy:

Strictly speaking, I think you're talking crap.

Back