• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Itv

sufc_tom

Striker
http://www.itv.com/Sport/Football/News/FACup/Manualstories/ITVFACupstatement/default.html

This problem occurred at the transmission centre and was not the responsibility of the ITV Sport production team.

“We have years of experience in dealing with the changes in ad break patterns when games go into extra time and, sometimes penalties - this we have done faultlessly through the Champions League, World Cup and European Championships. Last night's glitch was inexcusable and we are awaiting the results of our technical inquiry so we can put in place stringent and immediate procedures to address this.”

Well sort it out for f*** sake!!!

Apparently its all entered on the good old computer and it decided it was time for an ad break! Yes they can override, but in this case the spotty young brat was sitting with his feet up playing on his.........whatever it is they play with! I would just love to hear the 'behind the scenes' panic when it happened!! Just shows (again) that ITV can not be trusted with the FA Cup......or any other significant sporting event for that matter!!

They've recieved over 1000 complaints from viewers for last night.

Rightly so. Where I am we got the e-on bit, a blank screen, more e-on and a return to action just before the goal went in.

I remember a Hungarian grand prix when they missed Hill's overtaking of Schumacher, the one and only (IIRC) overtake in the whole race.

ITV are just not good at sport.

The problem is that the action gets in the way of the raison d'etre of the channel which is to show adverts which earn them money and big bonuses for the bosses.:clap:

all their fans cup coverage has been poor I thought the Southend Chelsea game was their best but the rest has been poor
I said to my dad oh it'll go back and they'll be celebrating and I was joking

The worst thing about this was that this morning I felt compelled to buy Tic-Tacs on the way to work.

:thumbdown:

They've recieved over 1000 complaints from viewers for last night.

BBC received 2 complaints after the Jonathan Ross/Russell Brand pavlova and they were sacked/suspended/chased away.

However I expect no-one to get the sack/be suspended or runaway here. But i suppose this is the kind of service that viewers expect from ITV. Disgrace!

Apparently its all entered on the good old computer and it decided it was time for an ad break! Yes they can override, but in this case the spotty young brat was sitting with his feet up playing on his.........whatever it is they play with! I would just love to hear the 'behind the scenes' panic when it happened!! Just shows (again) that ITV can not be trusted with the FA Cup......or any other significant sporting event for that matter!!

I've never liked watching sport on ITV, this goes back many years to the 60's when they had a contract to televise the final of the Gillette Cup Final. With something like 10 overs to go and the match evenly balanced they cut to their normal Saturday evening programmes. And while they no longer have F1 how the heck you can have ad breaks in a continuous event was always beyond my comprehension. There are some sports such as tennis, cricket, golf etc where you can squeeze ad breaks in.

Anybody else agree with Leeds fans assessment of ITV at Histon after this?? Just shows that we do get some things right

BBC received 2 complaints after the Jonathan Ross/Russell Brand pavlova and they were sacked/suspended/chased away.

However I expect no-one to get the sack/be suspended or runaway here. But i suppose this is the kind of service that viewers expect from ITV. Disgrace!

Entirely different in my eyes. I feel that the BBC should provide a "service" because I pay for it whereas I expect ITV to be inferior because it's more or less free.

Fortunately for me ITV lives up to that billing through errors like Wednesday night's and by screening **** like the X-Factor.

Back