• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've seen every episode of.....

MK Shrimper

Striker
TV binge time: Forgetting those shows than ran for just a few episodes (ie, UK shows)....Me:

Game Of Thrones.
Breaking Bad.
Lost (for my shame).
The Walking Dead (seasons 5-7 were almost the time I jacked it in)
Battlestar Galactica (the remake and very possibly the original).
Sopranos.
Boardwalk Empire
Mad Men
BoJack Horseman
Rick & Morty

Anymore?

Last edited:
Frasier
Blackadder
Peep Show
Community
The Good Place
Stranger Things
Rick and Morty
Black Mirror
Lucifer
Daredevil

Need to catch up on:

GoT (only seen 1-3, but read all the books)
The Office US (up to S4 now)

Frasier
Blackadder
Peep Show
Community
The Good Place
Stranger Things
Rick and Morty
Black Mirror
Lucifer
Daredevil

Need to catch up on:

GoT (only seen 1-3, but read all the books)
The Office US (up to S4 now)

Rick & Morty reminds me that I've also binge watched (the superior) BoJack Horseman.

Game of Thrones
Vikings - I can't believe I'm the only one surely?
HBO's Rome
Black Adder
Only Fools and Horses
Sharpe
Designated Survivor
Peaky Blinders

Last edited:
Many of the above plus:

- Dexter
- Black sails

Which were both excellent.

Walking Dead has also been superb but, for me, Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad are the pinnacle of TV production.

Hate to rain on a few parades here, but I never really got The Wire. I mean, it was OK, and some of the storylines & characters were sublime. But it never really seemed to go anywhere, or progress. Axing Strang was a ****ing weird move to make by the writers. Not trying to be one of those hipsters who thinks it’s cool to knock something popular, it just seemed to be missing a little bit extra for me personally.

Breaking Bad is up there with the best of all time. The final 3-4 episodes are some of the best writing/acting I’ve ever seen from a TV programme.

The hype is real for the Jesse Pinkman film, that is in pre-production right now.

Which links me to the next one; Better Call Saul. Always liked Saul as a character. He was that perfect mix of sleaze & charm, a real anti-hero. It’s just a shame that they’ve dragged it on for too long, without really getting him to the point where we remember him, the point where he was, as a character, at his absolute best. However, I do think the upcoming BB film, will somehow coincide with this series. The black & White modern-day segments at the start of every season, have always been the clue.

The Walking Dead redefined the structure of zombie/post-apocalyptic survival. Negan’s arrival (S7ep1) was up there with some of the Breaking Bad episodes, in terms of how good it was. It has trailed off since it reached that height, as they strung the War against The Saviours, for far too long.

This season has been better than average (truly excellent in parts), and is threatening to become as good as it was back in seasons 1-4

True Detective is another one of my favourites. Such a slick, clever enthralling show. It’s a shame they couldn’t continue the series with Woody Harrelson & Matt Mc, because their chemistry was perfect, and - aside from great writing - was one of the reasons that first season was so good. Haven’t seen S3, and the less said about S2, the better.

Stranger Things is a must-watch, for any Sci-Fi fans who were around in the 80’s. Really looking forward to season 3.

Peaky Blinders. What a show. The story can drag at times, but they’ve got some excellent characters, who you become genuinely interested in. Tom Hardy was especially superb. Season 5 is back soon, and it’s got to go some, to be as good as S4, which was absolutely incredible with more shocks, twists & turns than a Southend United injury-riddled season in The Football League.

I’ll throw a bit of a curve-ball into the mix; Orange Is The New Black. My missus got me into it. And let’s face it, having a steamy lesbian romp on screen, within the first 60 seconds of the very episode, wasn’t exactly going to dissuade me from progressing further.

One that I started (binged the first 3 seasons) was Sons Of Anarchy. Not too bad, and does enough to hold your attention, but I got distracted at the start of S4, and haven’t had the time (or desire) to jump back into it. Decent enough, but not great, great.

Hate to rain on a few parades here, but I never really got The Wire. I mean, it was OK, and some of the storylines & characters were sublime. But it never really seemed to go anywhere, or progress. Axing Strang was a ****ing weird move to make by the writers. Not trying to be one of those hipsters who thinks it’s cool to knock something popular, it just seemed to be missing a little bit extra for me personally.

I found The Wire terribly boring. Never got into it at all, and I tried.

I've watched the most David Simon (with ratings):

Homicide: Life on the Street (6/10) - not seen it all
The Corner (8/10)
The Wire (10/10)
Generation Kill (8/10)
Treme (7/10)
Show Me a Hero (9/10)
The Deuce (7/10) - not seen season 2

I've watched the most David Simon (with ratings):

Homicide: Life on the Street (6/10) - not seen it all
The Corner (8/10)
The Wire (10/10)
Generation Kill (8/10)
Treme (7/10)
Show Me a Hero (9/10)
The Deuce (7/10) - not seen season 2

Ive only seen Homicide from the above.,,122 eps though! Great show, alongside NYPD Blue, loved it.

How haven't you seen the Wire?

GBJ and MK can't both be right.

Ive seen half of season 1 when it was on terrestrial, and its not been on any streaming service since so havent caught up. loved it though and want to get back to it. im so behind on so many series from last 15 years, due to time/money etc etc.

House of cards (UK version)
Better call Saul
Mad Men
Detectorists
Death in paradise
The young ones
Deadwood
The mysterious cities of gold
Eerie Indiana

Last edited:
Back