• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've seen every episode of.....

Fawlty Towers
Hill Street Blues
Blackadder
The Killing
The Bridge
Sherlock
Alan Partridge
Beiderbecke Trilogy (Best television series ever. FACT,END OF)

Suits is another one I’ve watched every episode of. The latest season was pretty poor though.

Fawlty Towers
Hill Street Blues
Blackadder
The Killing
The Bridge
Sherlock
Alan Partridge
Beiderbecke Trilogy (Best television series ever. FACT,END OF)
Good shout, I love the the Beiderbecke Trilogy. To be honest anything written by Alan Plater is worth watching. Plater's prequel to Beiderbecke (Get Lost) is also fantastic.

House
Unforgotten

I don’t have much of a life.

There are many funny female comedians.

Nina Conte
Katherine Ryan
Shappi Khorsandi
Dianne Morgan
Phoebe Waller-Bridge (which ties into me seeing every episode of Fleabag).

To name but a few.....and there any many **** male ones. I'm not sure gender is any definition of how funny someone is.

I felt the same about women comedians up until recently (I must say Katherine Ryan cracks me up though and Sara Pascoe's stand up tickled me a few times). In fact my stand up comedy bigotry is really bad! I don't generally like US stand ups, any not English stand ups really, actually even northerners don't generally float my boat. I think comedy is a very personal thing and I think it has to be relatable. I've not met a single bloke who's watched Miranda and doesn't think it's terrible, I've met a fair few women that love it though. Guess it's all about how you relate, being a guy I think it is beyond awful.

To name but a few.....and there any many **** male ones. I'm not sure gender is any definition of how funny someone is.

Rob Beckett and Russell Howard by far the worst male 'comedians' going.

@Ricky Otto is right it's a very personal thing comedy. I used to love Bo Selecta when it was around and the same guy now does Celebrity Juice which I cannot stand. People bang on about how funny Brooklyn 99 is but it's just not for me. I love all of Gervais comedy shows, The Office, Extras, Derek and After Life but others can't stand it.

If everyone loved all the same things it would be a really really boring place to live.

Rob Beckett and Russell Howard by far the worst male 'comedians' going.

@Ricky Otto is right it's a very personal thing comedy. I used to love Bo Selecta when it was around and the same guy now does Celebrity Juice which I cannot stand. People bang on about how funny Brooklyn 99 is but it's just not for me. I love all of Gervais comedy shows, The Office, Extras, Derek and After Life but others can't stand it.

If everyone loved all the same things it would be a really really boring place to live.

Gervais is the law of diminishing returns. The Office is genius, then every series after got steadily worse. Derek was absolutely unwatchable dross IMHO. After Life was a partial return to form, but not the masterwork that people have claimed it to be.

Gervais is the law of diminishing returns. The Office is genius, then every series after got steadily worse. Derek was absolutely unwatchable dross IMHO. After Life was a partial return to form, but not the masterwork that people have claimed it to be.

See that's where I have to disagree with you, Derek for me was his best. But only just better than The Office.

Nah I'm with MK here, thought Derek was unbearable at times trying to pull on heartstrings. Office was absolute genius, and everything else has been really good IMO but Derek was well below par for me. It had its moments but don't get the hype.

One of my Gervais TV highlights was the Life's too short special where Barry from eastenders, Les Dennis and Keith Chegwin do a pub tour performing managed by Warwick Davies. So many funny moments in that.

Thanks to the Guardian, I remember I've seen every episode of the peerless Parks & Recreation and I have decided that I will be watching them all again.

Dammit Jerry!

Back