• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The General

The Mouse (*)
Posted on shrimpers.net:

"Heard a whisper that Iwan Roberts could be on his way to Southend anyone know if there's any truth in it.
Watched him a few times at Norwich City he can still bundle the ball in the net...and allround nice chap too."

Not a chance, surely ...

Kev

rock.gif

It'd keep up XXL16's interest in us, at least!
tounge.gif

Can't see it happening either though.

Its not that unrealistic, Roberts said his future may lie away from Carrow Road.

Who knows, Stranger things have happenend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ April 28 2004,20:06)]Its not that unrealistic, Roberts said his future may lie away from Carrow Road.

Who knows, Stranger things have happenend.
the pikeys won the ryman league
biggrin.gif

And he is in his mid-late 30's... as much as I've liked Iwan Roberts over the years, it could be a Graeme Jones type move :-(

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ April 28 2004,21:43)]And he is in his mid-late 30's... as much as I've liked Iwan Roberts over the years, it could be a Graeme Jones type move :-(
i don't think many people would doubt that iwan roberts has more quality and is more proven than Jones.

Talking about Jones ... he's rejected a one year extension at Boston and is going to be 'Head Coach' at Darlington College!

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 28 2004,22:35)]Talking about Jones ... he's rejected a one year extension at Boston and is going to be 'Head Coach' at Darlington College!

Kev
those students don't stand a chance,

I can just imagine it

"Lesson #1 - Now when going up for a header, always remember to raise the elbows nice and high, oh and always be at least 5 yards offside."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 28 2004,22:35)]Talking about Jones ... he's rejected a one year extension at Boston and is going to be 'Head Coach' at Darlington College!

Kev
And the quote from someone at Boston said he was a "quality striker"
smile.gif

According to my newspaper this morning Robert is interested in Sheff Wed. Wouldn't complain if he headed our way for a final swansong.

I would be quite happy if Roberts came to us for a season! I think most will agree he will cut it in the 3rd and will score goals! In my opinion he is the kind of mature pro we need to bring in to compliment the younger players we have! Roberts and Dudfield up front, sounds good to me!

Norwich have announced that they're not renewing his contract this summer, so we'll have to wait and see.

Reckon that he's more likely to go to a 2nd division club though

Thats a shame as hes been their for ages and i would of thought they would of giving him a year in the premiship for his hard work for them over the years.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ASHRIMPER @ April 29 2004,11:41)]Thats a shame as hes been their for ages and i would of thought they would of giving him a year in the premiship for his hard work for them over the years.
True but nobody can afford to be sentimental these days. Especially a club that's had financial troubles in the past.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 29 2004,07:57)]
[b said:

Kev
And the quote from someone at Boston said he was a "quality striker"
smile.gif

According to my newspaper this morning Robert is interested in Sheff Wed. Wouldn't complain if he headed our way for a final swansong.
Yeah that was the Boston manager that said that. Shows how much he knows ...

Kev

wow.gif
laugh.gif

Back