• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LennySUFC

Director⭐
Well done to @JackBridge10 & @jwills_9 on their pro contracts!⚽️

Seen this on twitter as well as lots of congratulations to both of them

edit - looks like josh banton has been given one as well as Ted Smith who I thought already signed one?

Last edited:
Congratulations to both of them. Haven't heard much about Jack Bridge though.

Great news, both good youngsters! :clap: Well done Ricky and co as well :thumbsup:

Well done Jack and Jason, more great news for the future, Jason scared the pants off Exeter in his brief cameo!! well deserved contracts, more to come?

Well done Jack and Jason, more great news for the future, Jason scared the pants off Exeter in his brief cameo!! well deserved contracts, more to come?
yeah he sure did, brown seems to like him and has said he will get more playing time in the first team, good news.

Looks like Jason Banton has also been offered a pro contact with Kane Farrell offered a third year extension.

I suspect as there is no news Kojo Apenteng, Charlie Barlow, Daniel Snook and Daniel KIng are not staying but that is guess work on my part.

Looks like Jason Banton has also been offered a pro contact with Kane Farrell offered a third year extension.

I suspect as there is no news Kojo Apenteng, Charlie Barlow, Daniel Snook and Daniel KIng are not staying but that is guess work on my part.

Isn't it Josh Banton? Think he was on the bench a couple of times this season.

Whatever level the of team you support it is always really nice to see youngsters come up from the youth team into first team reckoning

Daniel King has tweeted "end of an era will miss the boys" so guess he is off - always feel sorry for the youngsters when they are released - must be tough

Daniel King has tweeted "end of an era will miss the boys" so guess he is off - always feel sorry for the youngsters when they are released - must be tough

You'd like to think they would have a contingency plan incase they do get released. But I bet the majority don't have one and hope to get back into football.

You'd like to think they would have a contingency plan incase they do get released. But I bet the majority don't have one and hope to get back into football.

No, used to work with an ex-Wycombe player released by Tony Adams. Only managed to get on the railway as his dad is fairly senior and pulled a few strings. Took him a few years to realise he'd only ever play semi-pro at the very best and took it quite hard. As far as I'm aware he only plays for fun these days.

Yes it is difficult for them - i know a guy who mentors players from an early age & has basically a network of players around the country at various clubs - full & part time - he also finds time to train up my lad even though the odds of him ever being a footballer are at best extremely remote - today they are doing some work with a lad recently released by a team in L2 who has played some first team football. He is going to get him playing again & hopefully help him out with some contacts. However some kids don't neccessarily have this support & just drfit away.

Clarke Carlisle touched on this in his documentary. At 16/17 you don't think about anything else and your main focus is just on getting a professional contract. Must be hard to take when you've been training since a young age to become a professional footballer, some since the age of around 9 at a club, and then several years later be told that you won't make it.

Clarke Carlisle touched on this in his documentary. At 16/17 you don't think about anything else and your main focus is just on getting a professional contract. Must be hard to take when you've been training since a young age to become a professional footballer, some since the age of around 9 at a club, and then several years later be told that you won't make it.

I saw this documentary. The FA just doesn't have the setup for these youngsters who have put everything into the game and not made it! Understandably some fall into a state of depression.

Back