• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Jack Bridge Signs

in Phils judgement i trust .He has allready nailed his flag to the mast .In no uncertain terms he has told each and every player that when pre season starts he is going to work the players hard .

This signing has me puzzling about what PB says JB now has to offer and what he didn't have when PB oversaw his departure to Northampton? The last time I saw JB was at Northampton in the dining room when he was introduced to the home diners (plus us Blues fans) as the new signing from Southend, who Town had just beaten in a drab game which was to be the penultimate game for PB before Ron got out his axe after the dispiriting home defeat to Fleetwood. I make plain immediately that I cannot recall seeing JB play for Blues
But what evidence does PB have to back up his assertions about the returning Jack? Watching videos/talking to other coaches or managers/gut feeling? Or is it a case of being local and available cheaply? Let's hope that Phil has his optimism amply rewarded on the pitch. What I am really looking forward to is his choice about new strikers, the department where we need some seriously good input.
And a final thought. How is the tearing up of contracts going Phil?
He probably watched the last few Conference matches to give him an idea what level we are playing against.

Surprised this signing wasn't met with more excitement. He's got experience in a higher division but wants to play for his boyhood club. Someone not just approaching the peak of his career but someone who'll view playing for Southend as the peak of his career. From everything I've heard over the years he's been desperate to pull on a Southend United shirt since he was at least 9. Someone who tried to return last year only to be denied by Ron's embargo.

I think he might have been the first (only?) player to progress from u9s to the Southend first team as well.

I can't wait to see him celebrate his first Southend goal. If you can't root for him to be successful at Southend then you have no soul.

Surprised this signing wasn't met with more excitement. He's got experience in a higher division but wants to play for his boyhood club. Someone not just approaching the peak of his career but someone who'll view playing for Southend as the peak of his career. From everything I've heard over the years he's been desperate to pull on a Southend United shirt since he was at least 9. Someone who tried to return last year only to be denied by Ron's embargo.

I think he might have been the first (only?) player to progress from u9s to the Southend first team as well.

I can't wait to see him celebrate his first Southend goal. If you can't root for him to be successful at Southend then you have no soul.
I think their remains an overall skeptisicm after the last 3 seasons.

Proof is in the pudding, until we start the next campaign the jury is out on everyone. Its been so long since we were a normal club not in freefall.

I'll get excited when we are genuinely challenging to get back in the efl.

Lewis Gard and Harry Phillips have also progressed right the way through the Academy from U9s to the first team. Both of those have sampled scoring for the club, and I absolutely agree that it would be brilliant to see Jack Bridge join them this season (with hopefully many more to follow).

Lewis Gard and Harry Phillips have also progressed right the way through the Academy from U9s to the first team. Both of those have sampled scoring for the club, and I absolutely agree that it would be brilliant to see Jack Bridge join them this season (with hopefully many more to follow).

Ah yes, of course Gard and Phillips followed his foot steps.

Do you know if any of the current scholars have also been here since they were that age?

Ah yes, of course Gard and Phillips followed his foot steps.

Do you know if any of the current scholars have also been here since they were that age?

I have a feeling Cameron Brown, who has been offered a third-year for 2021/22, has been with the club the longest of the current crop of scholars, but I'm a) not sure if he's been with us since U9s and b) not sure how long all of the new first-year scholars have been with us.

Edit: Oli Coker has been with us since U9s as well and made his first-team debut last season, of course.

I have a feeling Cameron Brown, who has been offered a third-year for 2021/22, has been with the club the longest of the current crop of scholars, but I'm a) not sure if he's been with us since U9s and b) not sure how long all of the new first-year scholars have been with us.

Edit: Oli Coker has been with us since U9s as well and made his first-team debut last season, of course.

So that's 4 all the way from U9s to the First Team. Very impressive for a lower league and now non-league club.

Back