• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Jack Bridge to Return

which is why it was so deeply terribly hurtful and very very upsetting that we lost Sol

We're sitting here talking about the mentalities needed to be a successful professional footballer, which is of course inextricably linked to mental health, and you're back on here lamenting the loss of a manager again who did more damage to the mental health of some of our players than any other SUFC manager I can think of.....PB might come close but at least he brought some success.

I'm not sure whether you're joking or not.

The first thought that jumped to my head once I finished reading your post was a certain Lee Sawyer.

I see posts still to this day on twitter from Non-league managers/players/media that say Lee is just far too good for non-league football. Funnily enough I actually think it was former youth player Jason Williams who said one of the best players he played with was Sawyer, (played together while Jason was on loan at Chelmsford)

I remember speaking to Gary Hill who managed him at Woking and the boy had serious issues. Sounds very much like Nile Ranger. Gary mentioned several stories where he had to go above and beyond as a manager and felt more like a parent at times. He really liked Lee but the issues just aren't worth the product you get back.

We're sitting here talking about the mentalities needed to be a successful professional footballer, which is of course inextricably linked to mental health, and you're back on here lamenting the loss of a manager again who did more damage to the mental health of some of our players than any other SUFC manager I can think of.....PB might come close but at least he brought some success.

I'm not sure whether you're joking or not.

joking me ? never ... I think everything written in the Zone is really important .. If anyone disagrees with me I become overcome with rage .

I see what you mean about the youths mental health - I am sure they were all deeply affected by getting their league debuts ..

AND of course our faithful supporters have always supported the mental health of our players with their vocal support "you usless c U next Tuedsday" - "eff off you useless ... " and the groans and moans

After a therapeutic session playing football in front of 6 thousand poisonous and moaning "fans" our players can go online and read the kind and considerate comments about them ...
pages of abuse and accusations of "they don't care" "lazy" etc...

Yep - I know our fans really care about the players mental health ..

BUT I am definitely not ITK about all that secret stuff ...

As others are mentioning, Bridge was on trial at Bournemouth early 2017, looking at the ever reliable Wikipedia Molesley was U21's manager there in the 2016/2017 season, so you'd think Molesley would have been involved at some level there. Maybe that's why we've been keen to line Bridge up whilst getting MM over the line. Would be great news if true.

Back