• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Okay, so I'll move this to the League 2 Forum in a short while and beat myself with a stick for my immaturity, devilishness and moderator-double-standardness... but Sky Sports News are reporting that Leyton Orient have signed Jack Payne from Peterborough.

Linky Dink

Transfer deadline madness.

Posh must be in some major financial trouble if they transfer listed 6 of their players and sold Payne (their Captain, I believe). Im wondering if losing their captain at this late stage will un-balance their squad on Saturday, working in our favour of course.

Posh must be in some major financial trouble if they transfer listed 6 of their players and sold Payne (their Captain, I believe). Im wondering if losing their captain at this late stage will un-balance their squad on Saturday, working in our favour of course.

SSN saying its a loan deal so wouldnt be much financial benefits in it for them. Just get him off the wage bill maybe

Posh must be in some major financial trouble if they transfer listed 6 of their players and sold Payne (their Captain, I believe). Im hoping beyond hope that losing their captain at this late stage will un-balance their squad on Saturday, working in our favour of course meaning that we thrash them, or at least score a bloody goal at home

Edited for accurancy

I believe Peterborough have a policy of transfer listing all players in the final year of their contract.

I wouldn't be opposed to our Jack Payne going out on loan for a couple of months think some regular football could really aid his development and be good for us in the long run

Wouldn't surprise me if the Posh owner Darragh MacAnthony, much like Cowling at Col U, has got fed up with pumping money into them with scant reward. He obviously wanted to do a Bournemouth or at least a Brentford and it just hasn't happened. Again like Col U the fans havent bought into it, average crowds stuck around the 6k mark, and unlike our own owner-God no prospect of a shiney new stadium & retail park from which to get his investment back. They certainly havent been splashing the cash around so much recently on players. I reckon DM has told the manager to get on with it with the squad he's got, or sell some before he can buy.

I wouldn't be opposed to our Jack Payne going out on loan for a couple of months think some regular football could really aid his development and be good for us in the long run

Yep agree, would do him good if he is not going to get games, but I am pretty sure PB has plans for him

Wouldn't surprise me if the Posh owner Darragh MacAnthony, much like Cowling at Col U, has got fed up with pumping money into them with scant reward. He obviously wanted to do a Bournemouth or at least a Brentford and it just hasn't happened. Again like Col U the fans havent bought into it, average crowds stuck around the 6k mark, and unlike our own owner-God no prospect of a shiney new stadium & retail park from which to get his investment back. They certainly havent been splashing the cash around so much recently on players. I reckon DM has told the manager to get on with it with the squad he's got, or sell some before he can buy.

no reward? you seen the transfer fees they've received in recent years?

no reward? you seen the transfer fees they've received in recent years?

Hasn't been re-invested in the squad recently though as far as I'm aware. Probably gone into his pocket to claw some of the money back that he's pumped in..

Disappointing this thread hasn't been shut down yet. #doublestandards :winking:

Disappointing this thread hasn't been shut down yet. #doublestandards :winking:

Call it a reward for all the time we put in to the site for nothing you mother ****er! (another double standard for you :smile: )

Back