• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues Heaven

Youth Team
Have we reached agreement with Huddersfield or is it still going to a tribunal?

As I have said before, both on various threads on here when the subject has come up, and also on Chris Phillips' Southend group - from the published Trust liaison meeting minutes:

SK advised that the situation with regard to Jack’s move to Huddersfield Town has been resolved to the Club’s satisfaction and that the situation with regard to Dan’s move is ongoing.

As I have said before, both on various threads on here when the subject has come up, and also on Chris Phillips' Southend group - from the published Trust liaison meeting minutes:

SK advised that the situation with regard to Jack’s move to Huddersfield Town has been resolved to the Club’s satisfaction and that the situation with regard to Dan’s move is ongoing.

I think OBL that most have seen your statement on other threads but but because this seemed to have been 'hushed up' some now fear that there may be difference between SK/club's satisfaction and supporters expectations. If the agreement was revealed there is admittedly a chance that still may be the case. On the other hand fans may agree that yeah, with add on's that's potentially a good deal. Better maybe to take that chance than treat the paying supporters like mushrooms!

On the Huddersfield fans forum they reckon the fee was £600,000 and consider they got a bargain.

On the Huddersfield fans forum they reckon the fee was £600,000 and consider they got a bargain.

I remember reading and I think it was £500k up front that was agreed with more in add-ons.

This is exactly the problem. If the club treat those that pay their wages as mushrooms. It's bound to lead to speculation. Publish and be dammed SK.:unsure:

That Jack Payne lad does look a special little player, just hope you have stuck some decent clauses in the sale like we did when we sold Holding to Arsenal.

I remember reading Huddersfield would be paying £500k, but I thought that'd be after his scored 100 goals for Huddersfield, been called up for England and sold to the highest bidder with a huge sell-on percentage; and every other clause you could think of has been activated...

But if we got £600k plus clauses that's a great deal for us, for a player that was technically out of contract, imagine if that rule didn't exist?

Lets face it, the prices of players these day is ridiculous. £600k is a great deal for Huddersfield too.

I did try to explain many months ago there is some guide lines. £70,000 per year a player has been at your club. Jack had been with us 7 years so £490,000 for a standard player. Jack, like Bentley is above that, appearances, goals, offers from other clubs, so we will obviously get more. The deal for both was always about how much do we take now and how much of a percentage in a sell on clause.

Of course some of the usual suspects shouted me down and insisted we would get much less.

I did try to explain many months ago there is some guide lines. £70,000 per year a player has been at your club. Jack had been with us 7 years so £490,000 for a standard player. Jack, like Bentley is above that, appearances, goals, offers from other clubs, so we will obviously get more. The deal for both was always about how much do we take now and how much of a percentage in a sell on clause.

Of course some of the usual suspects shouted me down and insisted we would get much less.

OBL says that SK has confirmed that the price has been agreed.

What was it then (just so you don't get shouted down any more)?

Usually the 'quoted' fee includes about half of the add-ons as that's about the norm if you average it out over tens of players. Doesn't include any sell-on. Also, the guaranteed payments are likely structured somewhat.

This is a complete guesswork but for a player like Payne, if 600k is rumoured I would guess about 200k in cold hard cash up front, another 200k spread over a couple of years and up to 400k in performance-related add-ons, probably the last 100k or so of which will only be reached in exceptional circumstances. I would also guess a 15 or 20 % sell-on.

Allegedly on £12k a week so imagine he’ll be taking a huge drop in wages and will most likely be back in League One next season. Millwall were interested in January but no idea if they’re still interested as it doesn’t sound like he ended the season as well as he began it.

Wouldn’t take him back here though. Even with a drop in wages he’d be on top whack here and hasn’t done anywhere near enough to justify it last few seasons.

Back