• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
We've got a Dan Bentley one, so why not Jack?

Phil on BBC Essex says that he got an email from Jack and his agent this week and it now looks as through he'll be off at the end of the season.

Shame, as for me he'd be better off spending a season here and can easily see him ending up sat on the bench somewhere next season.

Phil on BBC Essex says that he got an email from Jack and his agent this week and it now looks as through he'll be off at the end of the season.

Shame, as for me he'd be better off spending a season here and can easily see him ending up sat on the bench somewhere next season.
Kane Ferdinand made a similar mistake..

Good luck to Payne if he goes. He deserves better than how he has been treated here.
Bentley destined for great things if he keeps his feet on the ground so to speak.
Would love to see little Messi develop, sadly it seems not with us.

I agree. He has enormous potential, but I think he needs to establish himself as a first team regular first. There are still games where he gets pushed off the ball to easily and at a higher level they'll soon work that out. I think PB has brought him on at the right pace, by gradually easing him into the side. If he had done it quicker he wouldn't have lasted and would now be on loan at Chelmsford. I can see why PB probably feels bitter, because he knows he's done a good job with him.

Good luck to Payne if he goes. He deserves better than how he has been treated here.
Bentley destined for great things if he keeps his feet on the ground so to speak.

Really!!??
I think we have worked hard to accommodate him in a way many teams (indeed all teams at a higher level) wouldn't. He was not in the team early in the season as he was not performing consistently- yes in the second half of the season he has played well. What his sensitive agent (who now appears to prefer e-mail to human contact) hopefully has ensured is that he has options lined up where he will play regularly. If not then comparisons to Kane, Jakob Sokolik and others will be all to merited- I sincerely hope not. Jack's a great lad and hopefully is making his own decision (frankly it won't impact his agents career very much one way or another).

Makes me laugh,brown dicks us around for two months and then comes over all high and mighty over players that won't sign a new contract.double standards methinks

how have we treated him badly ?

How have we treated him badly? Sure he wasn't getting much game time at the start of the season but he's become a regular starter since then and Brown seems to have been willing to build the team around him given how much he was hyping him up a month or two ago. I can't blame Brown for dropping him if he's made clear he's off, we need to rebuild for next season and there's nothing left to play for, continuing to field someone that won't be here come Summer is pointless.

Good luck to Jack but I think he's making a mistake, this has been his breakout season but he's nowhere near the finished article, unless his plan is to move to a richer League 1 club for the money I think he could be sitting on the bench a lot next season.

How have we treated him badly? Sure he wasn't getting much game time at the start of the season but he's become a regular starter since then and Brown seems to have been willing to build the team around him given how much he was hyping him up a month or two ago. I can't blame Brown for dropping him if he's made clear he's off, we need to rebuild for next season and there's nothing left to play for, continuing to field someone that won't be here come Summer is pointless.

Good luck to Jack but I think he's making a mistake, this has been his breakout season but he's nowhere near the finished article, unless his plan is to move to a richer League 1 club for the money I think he could be sitting on the bench a lot next season.
[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by spoons

how have we treated him badly ?​

Where did I say he was treated badly, Brown never gave him a run that he merited, not to say it was bad, just misguided.
Hurst had similar treatment and Weston.
Best to read posts before misquoting them.

At the start of the season Payne drifted out of games after first half and as season has progressed so has Jack. Unfortunately I also see him going only backwards if he isn't being played regularly and in his favoured position. One or two more seasons would only have benefited him and let's face it any agent will just be focused on his cut from any move he gets Jack if I was his parent I would be advising him very differently.

Disappointing, but predictable. It's the way of football now. Show a little bit of potential and they're off. It's at all levels. Rodwell, Sinclair, Jeffers, Kane Ferdinand, Moussa, and now Payne.

Just seen a tweet that sums it up for me.

How many teams are above us in the league without Bentley and Payne ?

If anyone doesn't want to be here that's fine with me, bye

Disappointing, but predictable. It's the way of football now. Show a little bit of potential and they're off. It's at all levels. Rodwell, Sinclair, Jeffers, Kane Ferdinand, Moussa, and now Payne.
Moussa left because of the lack of regular wages as did many others, not just to play at a higher level

Young Jack has been gradually introduced to the rigours of 1st team football by Phil Brown over the last two seasons. He has had some exceptional moments this season and these have obviously persuaded him that he can ply his trade at a (presumably) higher level. I personally feel that he is pushing on a bit too early but that is probably a biased view on my part. Good luck to him and lets hope that we make a few quid out of his leaving, I don't believe it will a very big figure though.

Back