• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

With respect that doesn't take us very much further. Following the departure of Bentley, Payne and Worrall there isn't that much to left sell and I can well believe it won't take much money.........there's hardly going to be that much offered! :smile: The only two exceptions I can think of, off the top of my head, are Coker and Leonard (after this season I'm no longer sure about Timlin)........if you were to say that either of those were going to leave (especially the latter), then I and I'm sure, others, would start to twitch.

Most of the stuff is obvious really, we are Southend Utd, 99% of the football league have more money than we do.......what Ron is hoping is that Bentley don't go to Rangers, cos if he does we get nothing.....& its only 5 months ago he turned down 1.2m from QPR............Ron aint getting his fingers burnt twice

I wish i was on agents money, i just know someone at Millwall & someone connected to blues, that's all, it just so happens the 2 clubs cross on this occasion, i was told we are getting Worrall in a text, cos they know i think he's a good player, so they thought they were winding me up & when i called them back they told me what they'd heard......it may be complete bull......but, they have no reason to lie really & haven't in the past.

Do you know anyone that dishes out the numbers for the EuroMillions ? They could be handy.

If you post insider knowledge on a public forum without naming your source, you have to be prepared for people to question it. You can't really win, until you are proven right in the end.

Personally I would never post insider info on a message board for exactly these reasons,
I just tend to confide with my SUFC-supporting mates, but that's just my choice. I obviously encourage others to do it as it makes for interesting reading!

Indeed. If you can't handle the odd question, or don't want to be backed into a corner then don't post the information. And, even worse, don't post an "I know something you don't" post.

Most of the stuff is obvious really, we are Southend Utd, 99% of the football league have more money than we do.......what Ron is hoping is that Bentley don't go to Rangers, cos if he does we get nothing.....& its only 5 months ago he turned down 1.2m from QPR............Ron aint getting his fingers burnt twice

Erhhh - no. A high percentage of the 92 clubs in the four divisions have more financial resources than we (S.U.F.C.) but 99% would suggest that we are the 2nd poorest club of the lot. That isn't the case - understating our financial ability (albeit rather poor) does not add any weight to your argument.

Sorry - but it had to be said. I said it had to be said. :zzzzz:

There seems to be a lot less noise being made at the moment. I still think there is a chance Jack will change his mind.

Back