• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Being honest he's a luxury player who you have to put a system around him. You can't just slot him in to a traditional 442 and make it work, so I'm not too fussed that he hasn't come back here instead of Oxford.

I think I agree with most of that ........ except the part about him playing for a club that we will be facing.

No-one else on here seems to think Payne is a threat which I find strange - on his day, Payne could be excellent and get you the 3 points. And of course Payne may well have continued to improve during last season.

I just hope that Brown, Coughlan (and the other players) know how to keep Payne out of the game when we play Oxford.

Crikey I missed this when I was away.

The fact he didnt get a Championship club is pretty disappointing and a big step back..

I find this all very sad that he didn't even think about returning to Southend Just wonder is that was phil browns wow factor .

Im glad we didnt bring him back, we have been a far better side without him. Trying to shoe horn him in the side never suited us and see nowhere we would play him with the current squad.

Back to his most effective position as substitute in Oxford's home defeat to League 2 Cheltenham last night.Maybe not that effective-they were 3-2 up when he came on.

Jack Payne is a class player and would walk into any L1 side (including ours!). I fancy Oxford to finish in top 7 now.

Yep, he looked pretty classy when he danced past two challenges to lay on the third against Portsmouth last weekend.

Yep, he looked pretty classy when he danced past two challenges to lay on the third against Portsmouth last weekend.

Far too good for League 1 in my humble opinion, but another opportunity to impress his parent club or a Championship club ready to make a bid.

5 assists and 1 goal from his first 6 games.

Most seemed to say they wouldn't have taken him back here, but how we could do with that creativity in attack!

Jack Payne leaves us for higher league football last year

12 months later his playing for Oxford in the same league , big shame and sadly our loss

Having seen the goals I actually think he assisted all four goals.

Ch 5 said three but Jack definitely crossed for the opening goal despite them saying it was someone else.

Having seen the goals I actually think he assisted all four goals.

Ch 5 said three but Jack definitely crossed for the opening goal despite them saying it was someone else.

BBC website reckons it was all four. I'm looking forward to 25 November with relish. I'm sure master tactitian PB will have a way of stopping him!!

Payne has been brilliant for them so far. He's really putting himself in the shop window. The move seems like the correct one thus far. He's a class player at this level. Also interesting to see him play 90 mins in nearly all the games he has played. Something Brown never did.

Payne has been brilliant for them so far. He's really putting himself in the shop window. The move seems like the correct one thus far. He's a class player at this level. Also interesting to see him play 90 mins in nearly all the games he has played. Something Brown never did.

It certainly does seem that way.

I hope we have a good cut on Jack's next transfer fee as he could be a sought after player by a Chump-Ship side in the next window.

Back