• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We, and Bradford fans can give opinions on Jack, but this season he has scored both Bradford goals in their two, one nil wins, hence they have 6 ponits and are top half of the table. WITHOUT him they might well be on nil points with OX. Statistics not opinion.
Opinion. Without him, they might’ve scored many more goals and been top?

Opinion. Without him, they might’ve scored many more goals and been top?
By all accounts on the Bradford forums Payne is their most threatening player, in fact on their match thread against us a lot of people started calling the manager clueless because he was subbed off. Bradford have virtually no depth, they don't have players to replace Payne with.

By all accounts on the Bradford forums Payne is their most threatening player, in fact on their match thread against us a lot of people started calling the manager clueless because he was subbed off. Bradford have virtually no depth, they don't have players to replace Payne with.
More like,the manager was clueless for keeping on the pitch for so long.

Did **** all against us though? Still all opinions. Here is a fact. He is still in the same league as we were when he left us and plays for the only team we’ve managed to beat this year.

I’m glad we took the money for him when we did. Wouldn’t have got into my preferred side last year or this year. IMO he is a luxury you need to build your team around, but not good enough to justify it.

Thanks for the tackle in the play-off final though Jack, I put you alongside the greats like Myles Weston and Piggot from that day.

Towards the end of lowly Bradford’s home defeat on Saturday, he got brought off the bench again,replacing Josh Wright (injured?).

I reckon Huddersfield will get him out of there in January. Same as they did with him last season at Oxford coz they wanted a better test for him and Oxford were actually going alright at the time

Not sure how Bradford were willing to let Dieng go and replace him with Wright either :Hilarious:

I reckon Huddersfield will get him out of there in January. Same as they did with him last season at Oxford coz they wanted a better test for him and Oxford were actually going alright at the time

Not sure how Bradford were willing to let Dieng go and replace him with Wright either :Hilarious:
The thing is AB that it really doesn't matter why they did, we just need to be very grateful that it happened that way......for once!

I wonder if Payne and Cox would have worked together upfront.

Yep, I know they are both small, but that's not a pre-requisite for failure.

Last edited:
I wonder if Payne and Cox would have worked together upfront.

Yep, I know they are both small, but that's not a pre-requisite to failure.

Payne wont have a consistent career until he realises he's a striker

Struggling teams cant afford to play with a CAM as you become a passenger and that may be evidence to why he was on the bench at the weekend

Yep, he always struck me as a far better forward than a midfielder.

Good finisher and an intelligent player.

They didn't want to let him to, they offered Dieng a new contract and he rejected it. Dieng has said the reason he chose us over Bradford is because of the uncertainty over who the new Bradford manager would be. (Probably a wise decision considering that the new manager turned out to be a youth coach that was completely out of his depth.)

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co...adford-city-dieng-on-why-he-turned-down-deal/

Jack Payne jumped ship at the first opportunity and I just hope that Dru stays with us a little longer (like Dan Bentley) to get more first team games under his belt. OK so Jack's pay cheque each month probably looks good but being on the bench for Bradford must be a disappointment for him and where next ?

He’s struggled to keep a regular place in three different League One teams now and with our wealth of midfielders ,the best he could hope for here,would be the bench.

Back