• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don’t get why you have to like every single player that’s ever played for us. Some people like players and still like them after leaving, some people don’t like players and still don’t like them after leaving. There are many variations! The world would be pretty boring if we all liked the same thing.
What I don't get is disliking players, yet still following their career after leaving us, and still droning on about their "failings" at their new club.
If I didn't like a player and they left the Blues, I can't imagine wanting to follow their future career, even less taking the trouble to slag them off on a forum. Vindictive is the word that comes to mind.
That is the point here, Ricey.

What I don't get is disliking players, yet still following their career after leaving us, and still droning on about their "failings" at their new club.
If I didn't like a player and they left the Blues, I can't imagine wanting to follow their future career, even less taking the trouble to slag them off on a forum. Vindictive is the word that comes to mind.
That is the point here, Ricey.

Point taken, everyone’s different.

Now the Cowley boys had gone to 'uddersfield, I wonder whether Jack will return to the Terriers and possibly Ben too?

Now the Cowley boys had gone to 'uddersfield, I wonder whether Jack will return to the Terriers and possibly Ben too?
Why the hell would that happen ? I’d of thought they’d want to improve the side at championship level and not weaken the side.

Why the hell would that happen ? I’d of thought they’d want to improve the side at championship level and not weaken the side.

Paul Hurst failed at Ipswich because he tried to bring a lot of League One players with him. I’d like to think the Cowley’s are a little smarter and go for better players.

Paul Hurst failed at Ipswich because he tried to bring a lot of League One players with him. I’d like to think the Cowley’s are a little smarter and go for better players.
Thing is now with the Cowleys at Huddersfield if they have a good two years and get the club into the top six the premiership clubs will come knocking and that’s where these two want to be and I think will definitely get there chance very soon:Thumbs up:

Has been told he is free to leave Lincoln if he wishes so he is available.,,,,,,,,,,
Sounded like he was good under the Cowleys but has looked like a headless chicken ever since they went to Huddersfield. There is a good player in there but given how many goals we concede the last thing we need is a midfielder that won't contribute defensively!

Sounded like he was good under the Cowleys but has looked like a headless chicken ever since they went to Huddersfield. There is a good player in there but given how many goals we concede the last thing we need is a midfielder that won't contribute defensively!
Well now the apparent problem is not shipping goals but creating and scoring them which he would be a great fit for.

Well now the apparent problem is not shipping goals but creating and scoring them which he would be a great fit for.
It's a bit early to say we've stopped leaking goals off the back of one clean sheet but it we have then we've only stopped leaking goals because Sol has us in a defensive setup, I can't see how Payne would fit into that.

In a team that is constantly berated for its lack of creativity, and a talented forward line that are underachieving due to this, I find it absurd that a player like Jack Payne is dismissed by so many. I do agree about the wage situation though.

The Jack Payne hatred on this forum is beyond weird.

To be fair, most of our fans have negativity to nearly every player who dares to leave us to better themselves, or indeed dares to not leave in several cases. They forget in Payne's case his involvement in starting the famous Wembley equaliser....

To be fair, most of our fans have negativity to nearly every player who dares to leave us to better themselves, or indeed dares to not leave in several cases. They forget in Payne's case his involvement in starting the famous Wembley equaliser....
That's a bit of a sweeping statement. I don't have any hatred for Jack, I just don't think his style of play and what he would want in terms of wages would help us as things stand. My 'no thanks' was for those reasons.

That's a bit of a sweeping statement. I don't have any hatred for Jack, I just don't think his style of play and what he would want in terms of wages would help us as things stand. My 'no thanks' was for those reasons.

Hmm. I said 'negativity' not sure why you jump to hatred (that's such an emotive word)?

Back