• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jacob Mellis not expected to play again this season

MattE thank you for response. My point being that Mellis as a mid fielder didn’t need to be signed .. we needed attackers !

I don't think anyone would deny we needed strikers - but they weren't mutually exclusive.

Explains why he’s not had a chance but why on earth could MM not have told us all he was injured?

It was mentioned on here that Gillingham said he wouldn’t play again this season and we were taking a risk signing him it just sums up this season. ☹️

Next article-

3 more years for Mellis
Gills star secures 3 year contract. A delighted Mellis tweeted “ I never wanted to play in the National league, with this deal.. I won’t have to lol #Paydontplay #livingthedream”. New manager Phil Brown who has not committed beyond this season was also confident Mellis would become a fan favourite “ If truth be known, I’ve never seen the kid play. But one look at the kids CV and I think you have got to say, wow, secure this lad on a 3 year deal ( 4th year option).
He will be, without a shadow of a doubt, a force to be reckoned with”
Blues Chairman Ron Martin added, “We’ve learnt from past mistakes, due diligence has been throughly carried out. I’m certain that with Phil now building his squad with the long term in mind, and with stadium plans moving along we are well placed for a push for the playoffs next season.”

Back