• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jacob Mellis

I wonder how its going for Jacob on the fitness front now and whether we will see him in the squad soon. He played in a behind closed doors friendly 2 weeks ago and we know he is registered and has a squad number
Last season he only gained 10 games with Gills , 2 as sub, and MM said we got him as not many games played , and wasnt match fit on arrival
Then early on Jacob showed all the signs of Covid, was unwell but tested negative, assuming the tests were the full ones that give more accuracy. Protocols presumably left him isolated for a brief time until his appearance 2 weeks ago.
Since then I am assuming 2 weeks of further full training unless any post illness symptoms.
So it would be good to have another update from our club and I hope Jacob is coming through well and ready shortly to show us what he can do

I wonder how its going for Jacob on the fitness front now and whether we will see him in the squad soon. He played in a behind closed doors friendly 2 weeks ago and we know he is registered and has a squad number
Last season he only gained 10 games with Gills , 2 as sub, and MM said we got him as not many games played , and wasnt match fit on arrival
Then early on Jacob showed all the signs of Covid, was unwell but tested negative, assuming the tests were the full ones that give more accuracy. Protocols presumably left him isolated for a brief time until his appearance 2 weeks ago.
Since then I am assuming 2 weeks of further full training unless any post illness symptoms.
So it would be good to have another update from our club and I hope Jacob is coming through well and ready shortly to show us what he can do
Do we know he has a squad number? Not shown on the website when everyone else’s is, what’s his number if you know?
also the last squad list in the EFL website didn’t show JM but did everyone else, it could be a mistake as stated but it is strange. I hope h3 is as I do think he will add to what we have

Should be ready Tuesday

Do we know he has a squad number? Not shown on the website when everyone else’s is, what’s his number if you know?
also the last squad list in the EFL website didn’t show JM but did everyone else, it could be a mistake as stated but it is strange. I hope h3 is as I do think he will add to what we have

Squad Number 29 reported on earlier post

He registered the list is not up to date per MM (sorry and as above)- I am sure he has a squad number too.
But his "Covid" (had all the symptoms but repeatedly tested negative) combined with he was working his way back anyway means he is not ready.
With Olayinka back end of next week its going to be very interesting to see who the first choice CM's are going to be.
I do get that but we have heard this before and this season mainly. I want our best players available so we have the best chance of staying up.

He has been back for 10-12 days now I believe, just found it strange no squad number shown (29 as mentioned is our 3rd goalkeepers number unless of curse w have taken that away from him which I do no think can be done unless he has been de registered) and the fact when I looked Friday he still wasnt on the EFL list even if it is a mistake on their part previously.

we have big games coming up, in fact they are all big games, we need players ready to go.

I had seen that but as someone else has said thats listed as Callum Taylors number our 3rd choice keeper.

Could possibly be the same situation as MMN? Who is number 30 but was deregistered and now Holmes has taken that number.

Could possibly be the same situation as MMN? Who is number 30 but was deregistered and now Holmes has taken that number.
It could be yes, very much so, but why de register your 3rd keeper if you know you cant have anyone else in the squad? Thats a risk in my eyes as if you cant get an emergency loan then you have just one keeper, if we can does that mean they (in this case) Alex Bass has taken a squad spot.

Also as MMN and RH both show the number 30 why not put 29 against JM on the website.

I know it Is probably nothing, but it does help to clarify all things and make it more clear.

I am hoping JM is available for tomorrow

It could be yes, very much so, but why de register your 3rd keeper if you know you cant have anyone else in the squad? Thats a risk in my eyes as if you cant get an emergency loan then you have just one keeper, if we can does that mean they (in this case) Alex Bass has taken a squad spot.

Also as MMN and RH both show the number 30 why not put 29 against JM on the website.

I know it Is probably nothing, but it does help to clarify all things and make it more clear.

I am hoping JM is available for tomorrow
I don't think Callum Taylor was ever registered, as an Under 21 player there's no need to do it unless he's named on the bench and I can't think of a league match that has happened (he was on the bench for an EFL Trophy match but I'm not sure if you need to register youth players for that), if he was at one point he's not on the squad list anymore according to the EFL:

I don't think Callum Taylor was ever registered, as an Under 21 player there's no need to do it unless he's named on the bench and I can't think of a league match that has happened (he was on the bench for an EFL Trophy match but I'm not sure if you need to register youth players for that), if he was at one point he's not on the squad list anymore according to the EFL:

Thats actually a correct point i had forgotten that, Callum is not even an U21 i think he is U18? But even with that Bass would take a spot in the squad I believe and the link to the EFL you have sent also only shows 20 players no Holmes, Mellis etc.

To be fair i give up with the EFL bumbling fools.

I need to get another job back in football lol

I'm a bit confused about the C Taylor situation, what I've seen of him looks promising but he's not been turning out for the U23s recently at all, injured?

Wasn't this how the Sam Mantom signing unfolded three years ago? Everyone questioning why we signed an injured midfielder. Ended up making his debut as sub mid-March and we then won half the games he started and pulled into a midtable position.

Back