• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jacob Mellis

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers 🍤 ⭐
Last January’s deadline day signing, Jacob Mellis, has signed for Leatherhead.

He needs to see a psychotherapist or a psychiatrist for a course of treatment.

Will have a think but not sure what we can do. He is seeking help which is key. Any ideas welcome ......

This might sound like I'm being funny and I promise I'm not, but im surprised by the "not sure what we can do" response when one of the very aims of the association is:

• On occasion and where possible, to help ex-players facing difficulties
Maybe try to engage him to see if there are any specific needs the association can assist with?

Off the top of my head, helping to speak with a council In his area re housing
or identifying courses or medical assistance he might need?

Without reaching out to him, you won't know what assistance the association could provide.

Again, not a sarcastic or rude response here. Just seems like an obvious case for the association to try and help with.

Whilst he was only here a short time, his current circumstances are very sad indeed.

This might sound like I'm being funny and I promise I'm not, but im surprised by the "not sure what we can do" response when one of the very aims of the association is:

• On occasion and where possible, to help ex-players facing difficulties
Maybe try to engage him to see if there are any specific needs the association can assist with?

Off the top of my head, helping to speak with a council In his area re housing
or identifying courses or medical assistance he might need?

Without reaching out to him, you won't know what assistance the association could provide.

Again, not a sarcastic or rude response here. Just seems like an obvious case for the association to try and help with.

Whilst he was only here a short time, his current circumstances are very sad indeed.

Pale Blue

Maybe my comment was badly worded - it is clear from the article that Jacob has sought and received help and it was with that in mind that I said what I did. Your ideas re help are good though it would seem that they would be the very issues that the people he has sought help from would have tackled with him.

We are more than aware of course re the SUEPA aim you quote - we have sought to do just that many times before in various ways. Our recent Match for James is perhaps the biggest example.

I have already been in contact with the guy that wrote the article and await his response. Even if we can simply let Jacob know that Southend fans are thinking of him and that he is not alone that would be something

Andy

Pale Blue

Maybe my comment was badly worded - it is clear from the article that Jacob has sought and received help and it was with that in mind that I said what I did. Your ideas re help are good though it would seem that they would be the very issues that the people he has sought help from would have tackled with him.

We are more than aware of course re the SUEPA aim you quote - we have sought to do just that many times before in various ways. Our recent Match for James is perhaps the biggest example.

I have already been in contact with the guy that wrote the article and await his response. Even if we can simply let Jacob know that Southend fans are thinking of him and that he is not alone that would be something

Andy

Wonderful!

Back