• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
JAE MARTIN (MIDFIELDER) has joined Southern League Premier Division new boys Evesham United after almost four years at Conference North side Moor Green.

A trainee at Roots Hall, Martin made his debut for the club on 15th September 1993 when he replaced Andy Ansah during the Anglo-Italian Cup Preliminary match against Watford at Roots Hall; Southend won 3-0 to put themselves into the Group Stages against the Italians sides.

Martin made his League debut for the club as a substitute for the awful Joe Allon during the 2-1 home defeat to Tranmere Rovers on 2nd October 1993. He made two more appearances from the bench before making his full debut on 23 April 1994 at home to Sunderland; the Shrimpers lost 1-0 and Martin was replaced by Gary Jones during the second-half. He made his second start for the club at the beginning of the 1994/95 season when he wore the number 10 shirt against Watford in the 2nd Leg of the Coca-Cola Cup on 23 August 1994 before spending a short period on loan at Leyton Orient. He would make only four more appearances - all from the bench - until he was released at the end of the season.

He joined Birmingham City on a free transfer in the summer of 1995 but made just nine appearances, eight from the bench, and spent a couple of months of loan at Lincoln City at the beginning of the 1996/96 season. He impressed enough for the Imps to pay £25,000 for his services in November 1996. Over 18 months of football at Sincil Bank brought little consistency and he joined Peterborough United in the summer of 1998 but had an equally poor run. In March 1999 he spent two months on loan at Grantham and then three months on loan at Welling at the end of the 1999/2000 season. He joined Woking in the summer of 2000 but made just five appearances before moving to Moor Green in August 2001 where he has had his most successful period to date, making almost 250 appearances and scoring 50 goals.

WS

Didn't we almost sell him to Nottingham Forest for a sackful of cash, only for him to get injured and then for them to realise that actually he was a bit bobbins...?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 28 2005,10:25)]Didn't we almost sell him to Nottingham Forest for a sackful of cash, only for him to get injured and then for them to realise that actually he was a bit bobbins...?

rock.gif
I think you could be right...

I saw him play a couple of reserve games and to be fair he looked pretty useful... I never saw any of his league games (that I remember) though.

I always thought he went to Brentford but I must have confused him with someone else...

oops.gif

Back