• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Cassidy

Said on another thread, he is bound to score against us at the hall. He had a great record at Tranmere in his first spell there but a rough couple of years seems to have hit his confidence.

Quite a few people are saying "no loss" with regard to him going to Oldham rather than Southend which I find a little bemusing.

Oldham were up towards the top of the table last season so it seems like a logical move for Cassidy. Just hope he doesn't play a blinder come our games with them.

Otherwise, good luck. :thumbsup:

No huge loss for me. I liked him but he struggled to hit the back of the net in League Two so I fear he'll struggle more in League One. I also didn't like the sound of this hernia injury he had. They can be a long term annoyance if you get a persistent one and it will almost certainly affect your will to put yourself about and overstretch yourself.

No huge loss for me. I liked him but he struggled to hit the back of the net in League Two so I fear he'll struggle more in League One. I also didn't like the sound of this hernia injury he had. They can be a long term annoyance if you get a persistent one and it will almost certainly affect your will to put yourself about and overstretch yourself.
Quite a few of our old boys struggled in league two and went on to better things

Hooper, MacDonald, Kightly etc etc etc

Quite a few of our old boys struggled in league two and went on to better things

Hooper, MacDonald, Kightly etc etc etc

That's just three examples of players who went on to better things elsewhere. If I quoted examples of players who struggled with us in League Two and then dropped off the face of the planet, I'd be here all day.

I liked Cassidy, done his bit and worked hard but unfortunately that was all. Never looked like scoring for us but no doubt he'll score a few against us.

Scored his first goal since September 2014 on his debut for Guiseley, bottom of the conference, in the FA Cup against York City last weekend. Had his contract cancelled by Oldham a few weeks ago and joined them on a free.

Wow - another striking example of how it takes more than just talent for a player to be a professional in England.

The level of competition is immense throughout the leagues. Does any other country have this level of depth?

Billericay Town are reportedly paying Jake Robinson £10k a week [is still referenced on Wiki but the articles have been edited since on their own website and BBC Football] to play in the Ryman Premier but there's Konchesky and O'Hara so the check book is definitely out. If we have depth runs through the leagues it's because money does too. I wonder if the rich owner - life size Subbuteo - real life Fifa - template exists or is as prevalent in other nations?

Wow - another striking example of how it takes more than just talent for a player to be a professional in England.

The level of competition is immense throughout the leagues. Does any other country have this level of depth?

Unfortunately for Jake that's his weakest area.

Billericay Town are reportedly paying Jake Robinson £10k a week [is still referenced on Wiki but the articles have been edited since on their own website and BBC Football] to play in the Ryman Premier but there's Konchesky and O'Hara so the check book is definitely out. If we have depth runs through the leagues it's because money does too. I wonder if the rich owner - life size Subbuteo - real life Fifa - template exists or is as prevalent in other nations?

No way they're paying him that.

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and whoever did it has obviously got the wrong end of the stick following an Independent article in which they stated that Billericay are allegedly spending £10k a week on wages for the squad. £10k a week for a squad in the Ryman league is huge.

No way they're paying him that.

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and whoever did it has obviously got the wrong end of the stick following an Independent article in which they stated that Billericay are allegedly spending £10k a week on wages for the squad. £10k a week for a squad in the Ryman league is huge.

It said it on BBC, I read it there. But I can't find that article now. At the same time there was an article where the new owner was quoted saying '£10k a week isn't a lot of money to me' so maybe it's a case of 1+1=3.

Back