• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Cannot Play For Us Against Wrexham!

CaptainSmudger

The Official Southend United Pilot⭐
According to Wrexham Fans Forum it is Confirmed Jake Cannot Play for us against them .
Apparently part of the Loan Deal.
Does Anyone know differently?

The 48 hour recall clause (if true) one of their posters mentioned is more worrying!
The same as 99% of loan deals ever made? Would be very surprised if that wasn’t the case.

Imagine him scoring a goal that took us top and his employers (that are likely still paying a fair chunk of his salary) out the promotion race? Wouldn’t happen.

Last edited:
I would be very surprised if there was a recall option in a loan that was part of a monetary transfer. IF there was, there would have to be compensation involved or the value of the deal would change in the event of a recall.

The not playing against their parent club is just standard practice to eliminate any chance or accusation of match fixing etc

The same as 99% of loan deals ever made? Would be very surprised if that wasn’t the case.

Imagine him scoring a goal that took us top and his employers (that are likely still paying a fair chunk of his salary) out the promotion race? Wouldn’t happen.
be funny though :LoyalSupporter:

We would be stupid to agree to a recall clause…imagine if he is free scoring for us and we are challenging them for promotion…they just recall and dent the challenge ….can’t see it myself

I'd be raging if there is a recall clause. That would be us having our pants pulled down by Wrexham and anybody inside SUFC who would allow that wants their head checking.

Clause to not play against Wrexham would be surprising too. Yes its a standard part of a loan, but I understand the only reason for the loan is because agreement couldn't be reached between the clubs on a permanent deal. Wrexham were happy for us to take him permanently and I get the impression that both parties see it as the end of his time there in all but name. Hyde's goodbye tweet certainly had a finality to it. There wouldn't have been a clause in a permanent deal for him to not play against them......so why would/should there be just because it became a loan at the last moment? I'd hope we didn't cave easily if they asked for it......the line should have been "if you want Dalby badly enough then there will be no restrictions on Hyde's loan".

Either way, not sure we'll know until the fixture between the two clubs takes place. Seems to be an awful lot of secrecy and silence concerning the finer details of this deal.

I'd be raging if there is a recall clause. That would be us having our pants pulled down by Wrexham and anybody inside SUFC who would allow that wants their head checking.

Clause to not play against Wrexham would be surprising too. Yes its a standard part of a loan, but I understand the only reason for the loan is because agreement couldn't be reached between the clubs on a permanent deal. Wrexham were happy for us to take him permanently and I get the impression that both parties see it as the end of his time there in all but name. Hyde's goodbye tweet certainly had a finality to it. There wouldn't have been a clause in a permanent deal for him to not play against them......so why would/should there be just because it became a loan at the last moment? I'd hope we didn't cave easily if they asked for it......the line should have been "if you want Dalby badly enough then there will be no restrictions on Hyde's loan".

Either way, not sure we'll know until the fixture between the two clubs takes place. Seems to be an awful lot of secrecy and silence concerning the finer details of this deal.
If I were Wrexham I would have included the can’t play against us clause. That would never be enough to stop the deal happening and they know how good he can be and so why not take him out the equation when we play.

It’s also fairer on the player image the abuse he would get if he missed a sitter against them, and they are paying a percentage of his salary or if he injured one of their players.

The loan deal suits us much more than Wrexham, i.e wages, would not expect him to play against the team probably paying most of his wages.

Also would not expect to know the finer details of the deal, it is between the clubs, much like the undisclosed transfer fee. Too much information would only lead to Shrimpermoan in meltdown, next some will be expecting to see a copy of the signed contract?

Calling it now. "Hyde set to miss Wrexham clash with minor knock"

That’s really annoying. The loan is as good as a permanent transfer in lieu of not being able to agree a permanent transfer for whatever reason.

Oh well. Wreh or Cardwell will have to tear them a new a-hole instead.

I’m currently away at present, so just a quick one…

As I understand it, there is NO recall option in Hyde’s loan deal, but he can’t play against Wrexham.

Still expecting us to bring in at least one more loanee before Saturday, and we are in the market for two extras (as I say hopefully one of those is done before Saturday, the other one may not be).

It maybe against league rules - I'm pretty sure Premier league players on loan cannot play against their parent club - and that is a rule set by the premier league, it cannot be negotiated on between the clubs involved

Back