• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
Thanks for the info.
But, footballers stretch from first to 95th minute: it's what they do. Fatigue can play a part in an overstretch, but after nine minutes?
As said, match fit? More like matchstick fit.
He has had 2 45 minute halves of football in pre season. I assume he was assessed this week in training and deemed fit to play. Hamstrings / groins go at any minute of a game whether 2nd, 8th or 95th. Anyone who has played at a level of football would understand that. I’m not defending Hyde, but he was used as a bargaining tool to get Dalby transfer sorted. Whether Maher wanted him or he wanted to be be here is irrelevant. What’s clear is he clearly wasn’t match fit and has another injury as a result

Interestingly I said to my daughter at the start of the match as the players warmed up, ‘have you noticed he’s supposed to be playing, but he’s the only one in a tracksuit doing the warm up’

Sorry. I don't see the correlation between my post and yours.

I love the medical experts on here. Hamstring injuries can occur however fit you are and for whatever reason. Fitness and lack of preparation could be a contributing factor but try telling that to sprinters who meticulously train and warm up in earnest for races. He did exactly the right thing by walking off as soon as he realised what had happened.

Of all the many injuries I’ve ever had the hamstring is right up there among the worst, especially as my first inkling was cramp. I didn’t feel the ‘ping’. That one action of trying to stretch it off caused more damage than the initial tear.

I love the medical experts on here. Hamstring injuries can occur however fit you are and for whatever reason. Fitness and lack of preparation could be a contributing factor but try telling that to sprinters who meticulously train and warm up in earnest for races. He did exactly the right thing by walking off as soon as he realised what had happened.

Of all the many injuries I’ve ever had the hamstring is right up there among the worst, especially as my first inkling was cramp. I didn’t feel the ‘ping’. That one action of trying to stretch it off caused more damage than the initial tear.
Great post. Maher said he was going to play 60 mins. He was fit enough to play those 2 45 mins without an injury. Let’s hope he got off the pitch early and is fit in a few weeks

From where i was he looked like he just wanted off only he truely knows but for sure we need more firepower up front

From where i was he looked like he just wanted off only he truely knows but for sure we need more firepower up front
And some more drama lessons? He should have pulled a face, screeched, got a stretcher, rolled around, been shot by the "sniper"?

Seriously!

However some playing up on the rough stuff would not have gone amiss, and get Grantie in to show our players, especially Powell how to " win" a free kick or go down convincingly from very little.

Don’t like to crow but when it was announced that Sam goes to Wrexham and we get Hyde we was getting the sh-tty end of the stick.

Athletics I know something about.
You're right insofar as a hamstring can go any time, but cold and lack of a proper warm-up tend to be the main reasons for a tug.
Note, how many hamstrings Bolt suffered en route to success: that's right: none.
And yes, Hyde did the right thing by walking off, but as others suggested, there's something not quite right about his arrival here.
I get the 'bargaining tool' as a means to getting Dalby over the Welsh border.
But as a striker we pinned 60 minutes of hope in getting a decent start - that I fail to fathom.

Don’t like to crow but when it was announced that Sam goes to Wrexham and we get Hyde we was getting the sh-tty end of the stick.
I'll be honest I thought Hyde could do a job if he stayed fit, that went well lol.

Great post. Maher said he was going to play 60 mins. He was fit enough to play those 2 45 mins without an injury. Let’s hope he got off the pitch early and is fit in a few weeks
Sorry totally disagree. 2 x 45 mins pre season for a player with a 10 month serial injury record and not having played in a competitive match since last Dec would indicate to anyone who knows anything that the guy would not be sufficiently fit to start without the risk of injury. A very poor decision was made here.

KM and Hyde were in between a rock and a hard place prior to kick off, play him knowing he hadn't had the prep and risk 60 minutes; or don't play him, be toothless and have the wrath of the "crow" crowd.
Sometimes s hi t happens.

Sorry. I don't see the correlation between my post and yours.
You said he didn’t want to be here, I was agreeing all the other players were fully changed and committed in warm up, he was still in his tracksuit on a boiling hot day, which says to me he wasn’t going through the motions , I hope that helps you with your correlation.i know to may kill you inside the at someone like me is agreeing with you … hey ho I’m sure somehow you will cope just like I have

Back