• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
That is absolute nonsense.

There is no clause in his contract that says he has to play to receive money.

There has been a lot of nonsense spouted already on Hyde, and I knew it the minute he came off.

I wasn’t at the game yesterday, but Jake Hyde 100% wants to be at Southend United, he almost signed last summer, he was prepared to come until Wrexham came in late and got him. He always wanted to join us this summer when our interest was known to him. We actually enquired about him earlier in the summer as well, so our management team want him here too.

surprisingly I have absolutely no idea what is in his - or any other players contract .... I am not "in the know" ... or an ever present in the dressing room and training ground (like so many others are)

I suspect my post was a bit ironic - even a bitter bit of satire ...

and yes it is of course total bollocks and absolute nonsense ....

unless you are stupid enough to think I was being serious ..

Oh - look at the airport - theres one of Putins missiles - or is it Easy Jet ?

And he lasted more than 5 minutes and didn't sprint off the pitch because he was "injured"! Serioulsy if he had done his hamstring that bad he couldn't have moved that quickly- Kev had to tell him to sit down!!
Please. Often if you feel something in your hamstring, unless its a bad tear (typically suffered when running full pelt rather than stretching), then you can walk fine but it tighteners when you try and run, and you know if you carry on it will make it worse. If you're a professional footballer you know what you have done and you need to come off.

He didn't sprint off he walked off. Kev told him to sit down to stop the game so we weren't playing with 10 men. He should have sat down straight away. But in the moment the lad was gutted and didn't.

surprisingly I have absolutely no idea what is in his - or any other players contract .... I am not "in the know" ... or an ever present in the dressing room and training ground (like so many others are)

I suspect my post was a bit ironic - even a bitter bit of satire ...

and yes it is of course total bollocks and absolute nonsense ....

unless you are stupid enough to think I was being serious ..

Oh - look at the airport - theres one of Putins missiles - or is it Easy Jet ?
It was rubbish

Bolt never had to stretch to make a tackle or a block.

Only a couple of weeks back some wanted a friendly called off as if was to hot. Now we aren’t warm enough at 15:00hrs on hot day in August.

I don’t know if Hyde has had any hamstring history but they can go at any time and it rarely involves contact.
"Bolt never had to stretch to make a tackle or a block"

Really ?

Have you never watched the Soccer Aid games ?

Hamstring injuries normally start with a tightening of the hamstring at which point it’s best to stop running to reduce the injury before it becomes a more serious strain.
When I participated in athletics hamstring injury occurred but Achilles were more common and take longer to heal .
Hopefully the hamstring injury Jake got is only a tightening, so should be active again in a few weeks.
This is just my opinion as I have had both injuries previously.

There are a few things I would never watch. For start anything with the words Aid or Soccer in them….. You can also add Celebrity. Bride and Wedding ito the list.
Anything ending in 'ranger' or starting with 'nile'?
Im waiting for the love island soccer aid 11 to surface on our screens. Or the my big fat gypsy five a side comp to be screened. Thats when I cancel my Sky membership!

Anything ending in 'ranger' or starting with 'nile'?
Im waiting for the love island soccer aid 11 to surface on our screens. Or the my big fat gypsy five a side comp to be screened. Thats when I cancel my Sky membership!

Yes add Fat to my non watch list. Sky went several years back. The BBC licence about 5 years ago. I don’t watch live TV.

Ive got the sky glass thing so in theory its all streamed but because theres the facility for live BBC1 etc I still get clobbered with a licence fee. To be fair the quality of some of the steaming is as fragile as our left hand flank at times. Doubt Il ever get ultra fast broadband. I seem to live in the road that time forgot!

Ive got the sky glass thing so in theory its all streamed but because theres the facility for live BBC1 etc I still get clobbered with a licence fee. To be fair the quality of some of the steaming is as fragile as our left hand flank at times. Doubt Il ever get ultra fast broadband. I seem to live in the road that time forgot!

Respectfully, what the **** has this got to do with Jake Hyde?

Hamstring injuries normally start with a tightening of the hamstring at which point it’s best to stop running to reduce the injury before it becomes a more serious strain.
When I participated in athletics hamstring injury occurred but Achilles were more common and take longer to heal .
Hopefully the hamstring injury Jake got is only a tightening, so should be active again in a few weeks.
This is just my opinion as I have had both injuries previously.

That ties in with my view of the situation - I have thought "ouch - I think that's my hamstring" & then rested only to find that in a few days time I have enough confidence to get going again.

Better than ploughing (playing?) on I think.

You know our fans are precious when there's a debate running for pages and pages on whether our striker left the field in an appropriate manner following a potentially serious injury.

I'm just glad he didn't wince too much or someone would have had him hung, drawn and quartered after mistaking it for a smile.

You know our fans are precious when there's a debate running for pages and pages on whether our striker left the field in an appropriate manner following a potentially serious injury.

I'm just glad he didn't wince too much or someone would have had him hung, drawn and quartered after mistaking it for a smile.
Imagine if he had a beer after the game..

Respectfully, what the **** has this got to do with Jake Hyde?

An ITK was discussing BBC1.

BBC1 was the channel Blue Peter was aired on.

Blue Peter famously had their garden vandalised by…

….. Les Ferdinand who is now loan manager at QPR.

We need a loanee striker to replace the injured Hyde.

Back