• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
I don’t really understand the hate towards Hyde. We were the ones that chose/accepted him on the swap deals. He didn’t get injured on purpose either… entirely the club’s “fault” if anyones, but the nasty comments directed at him aren’t really warranted IMO.
I'd have to look back and find the 'hate'.
But signing Hyde was a big risk. I'm just as interested as to the how and why? And not just because we needed a new striker...

Hydes out for 6/8 weeks with a heavy strain, caused by carrying his wallet around in his back pocket with the weight of his Wrexham salary in it. He was so used to the Wrexham bench being under his backside that when he had to walk and support it himself again it become to much for him.

Hydes out for 6/8 weeks with a heavy strain, caused by carrying his wallet around in his back pocket with the weight of his Wrexham salary in it. He was so used to the Wrexham bench being under his backside that when he had to walk and support it himself again it become to much for him.
How did you write a whole paragraph of that bollocks without the self-awareness to delete it instead of post it?

I'd have to look back and find the 'hate'.
But signing Hyde was a big risk. I'm just as interested as to the how and why? And not just because we needed a new striker...
Something doesn’t ring right with the Hyde signing.
I thought we had moved on from the old days, there was little due diligence in this case.
I’ve got nothing personal with Hyde, but why have we gone backwards in the transfers.

Something doesn’t ring right with the Hyde signing.
I thought we had moved on from the old days, there was little due diligence in this case.
I’ve got nothing personal with Hyde, but why have we gone backwards in the transfers.

How do you know there was little due diligence?

As I mentioned before, Hyde was on the “white board” and was enquired about earlier in the summer.

How do you know there was little due diligence?

As I mentioned before, Hyde was on the “white board” and was enquired about earlier in the summer.
This deal was what we as a club need to get away from.
Player’s too old and injury prone, don’t matter how good he was in the past.
The club has done good business early summer, but in my personal view the Hyde deal was a poor decision.

This deal was what we as a club need to get away from.
Player’s too old and injury prone, don’t matter how good he was in the past.
The club has done good business early summer, but in my personal view the Hyde deal was a poor decision.

Would you have been saying that had he scored 2 in the time he was on the pitch, and was subbed off later on?

The whole “injury prone” thing is a bit of a myth. Yes, he has had injuries in his career, but his one last season was his first “bad” one. He hasn’t been constantly injured as some have suggested.

Time will tell whether it’s a good signing or not, but that’s the same with anyone we’ve brought in. Every player we bring in is a “risk” of some description.

Would you have been saying that had he scored 2 in the time he was on the pitch, and was subbed off later on?

The whole “injury prone” thing is a bit of a myth. Yes, he has had injuries in his career, but his one last season was his first “bad” one. He hasn’t been constantly injured as some have suggested.

Time will tell whether it’s a good signing or not, but that’s the same with anyone we’ve brought in. Every player we bring in is a “risk” of some description.
I know we will not always agree, but I do appreciate your input on our forum.
Anyhow let’s hope JH does make a full recovery and play apart for us.
But for now the jury is out.

Heard it's thought to be a tear, pending confirmation and Grade. From this info it could be anything from 3 to 8 weeks
On top of which I understand Taylor's knee is now the size of a melon and stevees limping too - hopefully these two are ok quickly
It never rains .........

Heard it's thought to be a tear, pending confirmation and Grade. From this info it could be anything from 3 to 8 weeks
On top of which I understand Taylor's knee is now the size of a melon and stevees limping too - hopefully these two are ok quickly
It never rains .........
So in other words all the people claiming that he wasn't injured and Hyde was faking it to get off the pitch were talking rubbish.

Back