• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
Unless the cash for Dalby goes into the RM black hole never to be seen again, which is what i think will probably happen
I doubt if the fee for Dalby is anything near as large as some imagine. Even if Ron was to swallow it (which I doubt will be the case) it might not be much more than 10% of the cheque Ron wrote the tax man in October 2020 to save us from going into extinction.
It is hard to believe that whilst in the National League the club generates sufficient revenue to pay for itself.
Unfortunately, the real financial black hole is SUFC!

Last edited:
If Wrexham were so desperate to have Dalby, we should have been in a strong bargaining position. We should have told them that the deal would happen once Murphy had regained his fitness. Then we would have had a few remaining games with Dalby up top with Powell or Wreh, and from sometime in September we would then have a fit again Murphy alongside a hopefully fitter Hyde.

it just seems to me that Wrexham said “jump” and we replied “how high?”

But then what do I know?
Apart from the interests of the two clubs the player also has a stake in this.
If SD wants to go to Wrexham, and, why would he not wish to receive a substantial pay raise as soon as possible, it is not just a case of 'jump' and 'how high'. The issue of 'I want to go and go now' cannot be ignored.
Our bargaining position would have been immensely stronger had he more than just one year left on his contract.

I doubt if the fee for Dalby is anything near as large as some imagine. Even if Ron was to swallow it (which I doubt will be the case) it might not be much more than 10% of the cheque Ron wrote the tax man in October 2020 to save us from going into extinction.
It is hard to believe that whilst in the National League the club generates sufficient revenue to pay for itself.

Any chance you could give of a figure of how much you imagine how much others imagine.

To help out if they imagine about 200k they might not be imagining at all…. They may actually know, I would imagine.

Now then @Shrimper! this is theatre so Jake should have squealed, rolled a few times, hit the turf with his hand to indicate he was having a paddy, rolled around and demanded the stretcher,St Jonh's, got airlifted using the Roncopter, pulled a few grimaces, limped like he had had a leg blown off, called for his mama, dedicated his next inking to the close to death experience, wrote a book on it, serialised it for Non League Weekly, given BBC Essex sports sole access to medical records.............and such

Now then @Shrimper! this is theatre so Jake should have squealed, rolled a few times, hit the turf with his hand to indicate he was having a paddy, rolled around and demanded the stretcher,St Jonh's, got airlifted using the Roncopter, pulled a few grimaces, limped like he had had a leg blown off, called for his mama, dedicated his next inking to the close to death experience, wrote a book on it, serialised it for Non League Weekly, given BBC Essex sports sole access to medical records.............and such
:)

He should have hit the deck straight away though. To give more time for the sub to warm up. Full credit to him for having the experiment to not play through it though, especially so early to his debut.

You do talk crap sometimes. Where's the part where he sells the film rights?

Sometimes I dispair.

You mean consolidating all your company debts into one poor football club so that other clubs who make 5x less income can still pay out more.

Back to topic. Do we know how long he will be out for yet? I'm expecting we've planned for an injury scenario so we have players lined up to step in like a professional football club would do.

Last edited:
Well get on the floor for a start walking more likely made it worse
I have a niggle on my left ankle when I go running (sharp but mild pain)... only at the start... seems to clear after a km or two. Can you send me your professional consultation fees please? I really feel you are the person I need to talk to about this.

Any chance you could give of a figure of how much you imagine how much others imagine.

To help out if they imagine about 200k they might not be imagining at all…. They may actually know, I would imagine.
It seems I might be wrong about this and I am happy stand corrected.
There was a suggestion recently made on SZ (after I wrote my post) that the fee paid was well in excess of the 100,000 I thought would be the upper limit.
When I wrote my post I was, like many others on here, guessing. As always I am happy to be put right by those who have access to real information.

On of the joys of running any business that has income is that the owner can extract funds from it .... legally. I am sure RM can legally extract all sort of money from SUFC business ... legally. How much he takes is probably very well disguised. If he takes any other fees from football related activities (transfers etc) he is not obliged to tell anyone .

TBH if someone was wetting themselves to buy Freddie Eastwood and wanted to give me a consultancy fee for working on football development strategies I would probably be happy to accept 200k so me and the family could have a lovely bit of lifestyle - maybe an extravagent car..

Hey ho -

If I was running a multi million pound business (at a big loss and in major debt) I would still expect to take 300k for my trouble ..

Life - heh ..

It seems I might be wrong about this and I am happy stand corrected.
There was a suggestion recently made on SZ (after I wrote my post) that the fee paid was well in excess of the 100,000 I thought would be the upper limit.
When I wrote my post I was, like many others on here, guessing. As always I am happy to be put right by those who have access to real information.

Every player we have sold in recent years has been valued much lower by many of our own fans.

Not you but some argued strongly that we would only get 2-300k at the most for Bentley and 75k for Jack Payne.

On of the joys of running any business that has income is that the owner can extract funds from it .... legally. I am sure RM can legally extract all sort of money from SUFC business ... legally. How much he takes is probably very well disguised. If he takes any other fees from football related activities (transfers etc) he is not obliged to tell anyone .

TBH if someone was wetting themselves to buy Freddie Eastwood and wanted to give me a consultancy fee for working on football development strategies I would probably be happy to accept 200k so me and the family could have a lovely bit of lifestyle - maybe an extravagent car..

Hey ho -

If I was running a multi million pound business (at a big loss and in major debt) I would still expect to take 300k for my trouble ..

Life - heh ..

It is certainly possible to legally extract funds from a company you own. It is called dividends. However whilst Ron (through his companies) may be the majority shareholder he is not the sole shareholder and to my knowledge Southend United Football Club Limited haven’t declared any dividends for some time.

Directors can also receive salary and loans and and other benefits but these would generally need to be approved by the board and/or members and disclosed in the accounts. Directors are also under various legal duties to act in the benefit of the company, declare conflicts of interest etc.
Every player we have sold in recent years has been valued much lower by many of our own fans.

Not you but some argued strongly that we would only get 2-300k at the most for Bentley and 75k for Jack Payne.
The lack of published transfer fees makes it hard to make comparisons. Every transfer is now undisclosed. It also means there’s no sure way of checking whether those that that claim to know are actually right or just spouting bollocks.

Back