• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
It is certainly possible to legally extract funds from a company you own. It is called dividends. However whilst Ron (through his companies) may be the majority shareholder he is not the sole shareholder and to my knowledge Southend United Football Club Limited haven’t declared any dividends for some time.

Directors can also receive salary and loans and and other benefits but these would generally need to be approved by the board and/or members and disclosed in the accounts. Directors are also under various legal duties to act in the benefit of the company, declare conflicts of interest etc.

The lack of published transfer fees makes it hard to make comparisons. Every transfer is now undisclosed. It also means there’s no sure way of checking whether those that that claim to know are actually right or just spouting bollocks.

The lack of published accounts makes it even harder .. now two years behind past the 9 months deadline. South Eastern Leisure the majority share holder in SUFC ltd was nearly struck off in April.

Well get on the floor for a start walking more likely made it worse

In all my years of watching and playing football, anyone with a hamstring injury has walked off (as walking doesn't make it worse). I don't recall ever seeing someone stretchered off with a hamstring injury!

In all my years of watching and playing football, anyone with a hamstring injury has walked off (as walking doesn't make it worse). I don't recall ever seeing someone stretchered off with a hamstring injury!
Bang on. Hamstring injuries are caused by the stretch and walking doesn't affect the damage any further. But we've lost our opening game and it can be far more dramatic to offer up an opinion that a poster has no knowledge of just for effect. I'm blaming the hot dry weather.

It is certainly possible to legally extract funds from a company you own. It is called dividends. However whilst Ron (through his companies) may be the majority shareholder he is not the sole shareholder and to my knowledge Southend United Football Club Limited haven’t declared any dividends for some time.

Directors can also receive salary and loans and and other benefits but these would generally need to be approved by the board and/or members and disclosed in the accounts. Directors are also under various legal duties to act in the benefit of the company, declare conflicts of interest etc.

The lack of published transfer fees makes it hard to make comparisons. Every transfer is now undisclosed. It also means there’s no sure way of checking whether those that that claim to know are actually right or just spouting bollocks.

I think there are many more legal ways of extracting funds from a company than just dividends ....

there are a lot of functions and contracts that the business owner controls that may require consultancy and agency fees .. .. some monies relating to a contract might be paid to a contractor who might then make payments to another entity ... who knows ?

Of course everything is accounted for, favours and friendship count for absolutely nothing and that is why John White chose to end his season where he did ...

I think there are many more legal ways of extracting funds from a company than just dividends ....

there are a lot of functions and contracts that the business owner controls that may require consultancy and agency fees .. .. some monies relating to a contract might be paid to a contractor who might then make payments to another entity ... who knows ?

Of course everything is accounted for, favours and friendship count for absolutely nothing and that is why John White chose to end his season where he did ...
That's good because it seems RM has run out of both.

Offering a financial or other advantage to induce or reward improper performance (eg the improper award of a contract) is a criminal offence under the Bribery Act.

Directors are under a legal duty to act in the best interest of the company, to declare any conflicts of interest etc so what you are proposing doesn’t sound legal.

But I’m not sure what your alternate reality has to do with Jake Hyde anyway so I’m out.

The circumstances of the injury point to a strain rather than a tear to me so at the lower end at least. He didn't pull up as if he'd been shot (bad end) and didn't't immediately stop playing. At the hopeful end last year Atko felt something in his hamstring just before halftime didn't come out for the second half and played in the next game or game after that. The scan is key - presume the club have that by now?

Offering a financial or other advantage to induce or reward improper performance (eg the improper award of a contract) is a criminal offence under the Bribery Act.

Directors are under a legal duty to act in the best interest of the company, to declare any conflicts of interest etc so what you are proposing doesn’t sound legal.

But I’m not sure what your alternate reality has to do with Jake Hyde anyway so I’m out.

oh come on .... its hot and stuffy .. a bit of sh=t stirring and I fancy a row with someone ..

oh come on .... its hot and stuffy .. a bit of sh=t stirring and I fancy a row with someone ..
I’ve been in enough trouble this week, thanks for the invite.
Nah, let's not do that. As you say it's too hot and stuffy and veering off topic eventually ends up with a deletion.

Heres hoping for the mild version !!

NHS Guidance..
Can you tear your hamstring again?

Recurring injury is common in athletes and sportsmen, as you're more likely to injure your hamstring if you've injured it before.

Do torn hamstrings ever fully heal?

Mild to moderate (grade 1 or 2) tears or strains can heal within three to eight weeks with diligent home therapy. For a grade 3 hamstring tear or strain, recovery may be as long as three months. Returning to sports before the injury is fully healed can cause more severe injuries.
  • grade 1 – a mild muscle pull or strain
  • grade 2 – a partial muscle tear
  • grade 3 – a complete muscle tear
A minor muscle pull or strain (grade 1) may take a few days to heal, whereas it could take weeks or months to recover from a muscle tear (grade 2 or 3).

Initial treatment​

During the first 2 or 3 days, you should care for your injury using RICE therapy:

• Rest – rest your leg as much as possible.
  • Ice – apply cold packs (a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a tea towel will also work) to your hamstring for up to 20 minutes every 2 to 3 hours during the day. Do not apply ice directly to your skin.
  • Compression – compress or bandage the thigh to limit any swelling and movement that could cause further damage. You can use a simple elastic bandage or elasticated tubular bandage available from a pharmacy.
  • Elevation – keep your leg raised and supported on a pillow as much as possible, to help reduce any swelling.

Maybe the club are assessing wherever or not to terminate the loan based on the outcome.

It's not worth the wages if he is going to be injured for 3 months.

Back