• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
Interesting, I didn't think it would be a loan, thought it would be permanent.

No...that's being realistic at the start of a brand new season. Surprised we've kept Super Steve and not got Prudhoe out of the contacts book!
.......there was a game going on after the ladies game yesterday at Boots and Laces.....anyone stand out there Kev for up front?

IF IF IF....they are old has beens in a fit fast League....Phil Brown found that out!
Hyde did well at Wrexham but for an injury. He’s not really an injury prone player and a lot of Wrexham fans wanted to keep him over some of the other strikers they have. Coming from a set of fans who expect to be walking the league this season, that’s a pretty decent endorsement.

Murphy also played a lot of games before coming to us and before his injury, had scored 7 from 21 games, 1 in 3. That’s a pretty good record and he did it in Brown’s god awful team.

They’re both good players and absolutely not old has beens by any stretch!

I think wages are the reason it has been done as a loan
Not surprised, at least he gets his fully wage packet, best option for both sides.

Do you reckon we could expect another on a permanent or another on another loan?

Not surprised, at least he gets his fully wage packet, best option for both sides.

Do you reckon we could expect another on a permanent or another on another loan?
I think we only need one more in on loan to cover for Cardwell and Murphy’s injuries. That will then give us 3 fit strikers competing for the central role in the front 3.

I hope he stays fit, kicks the **** out of opposition centre halfs, is a threat in the air and contributes 15+ goals. Too much to ask?....I hope not as that is what has been missing.

If he stays fit (which is the only real question mark) then you could argue he's a better option than Dalby.

We speak about his fitness, and I can’t say I know too much about his injury history. Has he struggled with injuries throughout his career or was last season a bit of an outlier?

We really have got no intention of getting out of this League have we? Loan cripples, cheap cripples, never got a proper fit side. Starting the season like this with the contacts book collecting dust in a low League like this is unforgiveable. Watching the results come in from the Leagues above on Saturday just gone makes you wanna cry. Col u....Borient, Barrow, Wimbledon etc...and we give away young talent and bring in old cast offs...... yet another season of mediocrity!
So you think Hyde's a bit Jekyll then?

It's OK I'll get my coat.

Hyde did well at Wrexham but for an injury. He’s not really an injury prone player and a lot of Wrexham fans wanted to keep him over some of the other strikers they have. Coming from a set of fans who expect to be walking the league this season, that’s a pretty decent endorsement.

Murphy also played a lot of games before coming to us and before his injury, had scored 7 from 21 games, 1 in 3. That’s a pretty good record and he did it in Brown’s god awful team.

They’re both good players and absolutely not old has beens by any stretch!
Yes as BW mentioned this injury prone thing is overplayed. As to not wanting to come here he is based much closer to here than Wrexham and wanted to come here last year until Wrexham came in and offered him and Halifax more £££.

This is great business for someone who is a proven no9 and goalscorer at this level.

For me I hope this an early season deja vu moment that replicates the loan signing of Harrison Neal.
I was not happy when Brunt (Dalby in this analogy) left and unsure of the replacement.
BUT it worked best for the team and SUFC; so Welcome Mr Hyde.

Really didn't see that one coming! I WAS awaiting a striker loan arrangement......just not Hyde! Could be a good solution....time will tell. Welcome Jake, let's hope WE both profit from your stay.

Back