• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
Because, as with any injury, you wait for the swelling to go down around the injured area. Once that has settled, you then get the best/clearest view as to what the problem is, and therefore, how to move forward with it.
Thanks for spiking the absolute drivel on here sometimes from people who haven’t got a clue what they are talking about (including often no doubt on occasion me..)

Don’t understand why the scan on Hyde has taken over a week to get completed !

I posted this in the Jake Hyde thread:

Because, as with any injury, you wait for the swelling to go down around the injured area. Once that has settled, you then get the best/clearest view as to what the problem is, and therefore, how to move forward with it.

I posted this in the Jake Hyde thread:

That's true, but I've never heard of it taking 10 days. I doubt his leg could have swelled so much that they're still waiting for it to subside. I'm guessing they've had the scan and possibly even received the results, but haven't made it public yet.

Reactions: GBJ
That's true, but I've never heard of it taking 10 days. I doubt his leg could have swelled so much that they're still waiting for it to subside. I'm guessing they've had the scan and possibly even received the results, but haven't made it public yet.

That is possible.

What is always possible, and not uncommon at all, is a loan player will return to his parent club for treatment. Maybe it’s Wrexham who have delayed the scan, as opposed to us.
Maybe Wrexham have done the scan, and we are awaiting results from them.

That is possible.

What is always possible, and not uncommon at all, is a loan player will return to his parent club for treatment. Maybe it’s Wrexham who have delayed the scan, as opposed to us.
Maybe Wrexham have done the scan, and we are awaiting results from them.
Indeed. But having just spoken to my wife (sports injury physio) there's no way it should take 10 days for swelling to subside. As I said, I suspect he's had a scan and they've received the results, and as you say, there may be a complication around the fact that he's a loan player.

What is certain is that the delay is no-longer anything to do with waiting for swelling to subside.

Reactions: GBJ
Indeed. But having just spoken to my wife (sports injury physio) there's no way it should take 10 days for swelling to subside. As I said, I suspect he's had a scan and they've received the results, and as you say, there may be a complication around the fact that he's a loan player.

What is certain is that the delay is nothing to do with waiting for swelling to subside.

I know for a fact that the swelling is why the scan hadn’t taken place by Thursday of last week.

I know for a fact that the swelling is why the scan hadn’t taken place by Thursday of last week.
That might be what you were told, but that doesn't make it a fact. It may just be the line the club want to promote. However, Thursday was only 5 days after the injury, so it might have been true. We're another 5 days on from then so you're information is probably out of date.

That might be what you were told, but that doesn't make it a fact. However, Thursday was only 5 days after the injury, so it might have been true. We're another 5 days on from then so you're information is out of date.
But your wife, who has nothing to do with treating the player, makes you “certain” that Kev is lying?
Hmmmmm

That might be what you were told, but that doesn't make it a fact. It may just be the line the club want to promote. However, Thursday was only 5 days after the injury, so it might have been true. We're another 5 days on from then so you're information is probably out of date.

100% the reason why Hyde’s injury wasn’t scanned by Thursday last week was due to swelling, that is a fact, not an opinion of mine. There was still swelling around the injury, a scan was booked on Thursday, and subsequently cancelled due to the swelling around his hamstring.

But you’re wife, who has nothing to do with treating the player, makes you “certain” that Kev is lying?
Hmmmmm
Not lying. I never said that, just not giving information that they don't want people to know.

As for my wife, not only is she a physio that has had international footballers come to see her because their club physios aren't up to the job, she has a masters in sports injury prevention so, yes, I would imagine she has a fairly good idea how long it should take for a hamstring injury to settle ready for a scan (bread and butter). Her opinion is that she doesn't know how long it should take, but definitely not 10 days.

As I said, I don't think there's anything sinister going on. I just think that either they've decided to not tell us - which I have no issue with - or (as @BoyWonder2) said, there's a complication around the fact that he's a loan player. I have no doubt KM isn't lying though.

Last edited:
100% the reason why Hyde’s injury wasn’t scanned by Thursday last week was due to swelling, that is a fact, not an opinion of mine. There was still swelling around the injury, a scan was booked on Thursday, and subsequently cancelled due to the swelling around his hamstring.
Possibly, but we're now 10 days after the injury, and I doubt that is still the case. If it is, and it was that badly swollen then it must be an horrendous injury!

As for my wife, not only is she a physio that has had international footballers come to see her because their club physios aren't up to the job, she's has a masters in sports injury prevention so, yes, I would imagine she has a fairly good idea how long it should take for a hamstring injury to settle ready for a scan (bread and butter). Her opinion is that she doesn't know how long it should take, but definitely not 10 days.
That sort of implies she does know how long swelling takes to subside. It's between 0 and 10 days :Smile:

That sort of implies she does know how long swelling takes to subside. It's between 0 and 10 days :Smile:
Agreed, only sort of. She can't know exactly how long, but definitely not 10 days.

I think people are making more out of this than is needed. The point I'm making is that there must be another reason for not making the injury situation public. Not a conspiracy theory or anything silly like that. I just think the club are more on top of this than people are giving them credit for. People seem to be basing their opinion on the lack of public information from the club. I'm just pointing out that I think the club have probably done more than we realise, but want to keep it to themselves for whatever reason, which (quite frankly) is their prerogative.

The scan will show the core injury but how long it takes to repair and how long Jake needs to get back to fitness are different and difficult to judge, or guess at, except in rough, usually expected timescales etc. People heal at different rates etc.
The bottom line is he is out for foreseeable future and it is a guess who is available first from Hyde, Murph or Cards.

Just to throw a spanner in. In cases of acute hamstring injury there is insignificant change ( extent of oedema) whether the mri scan is done on day 1 or day 7. Therefore there is no reason not to have it done early. These days ultrasounds have improved and are used extensively but, with deep areas like the thigh, the results are more complicated and rely heavily on the experience of the technician carrying out the scan to interpret what is seen.

Back