• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
The scan will show the core injury but how long it takes to repair and how long Jake needs to get back to fitness are different and difficult to judge, or guess at, except in rough, usually expected timescales etc. People heal at different rates etc.
The bottom line is he is out for foreseeable future and it is a guess who is available first from Hyde, Murph or Cards.
Indeed. I would imagine that a doctor can give an idea of how long it might take to recover, but everyone will heal differently, not least because it will depend on what recovery work they do, and how diligent they are with doing it.

Not lying. I never said that, just not giving information that they don't want people to know.

As for my wife, not only is she a physio that has had international footballers come to see her because their club physios aren't up to the job, she's has a masters in sports injury prevention so, yes, I would imagine she has a fairly good idea how long it should take for a hamstring injury to settle ready for a scan (bread and butter). Her opinion is that she doesn't know how long it should take, but definitely not 10 days.

As I said, I don't think there's anything sinister going on. I just think that either they've decided to not tell us - which I have no issue with - or (as @BoyWonder2) said, there's a complication around the fact that he's a loan player. I have no doubt KM isn't lying though.
Would there be a medical reason to have the scan quicker? For example would treatment in the first 2 weeks differ if it was grade 2 rather grade 3?

Would there be a medical reason to have the scan quicker? For example would treatment in the first 2 weeks differ if it was grade 2 rather grade 3?
Not a clue. I daren't ask my wife either - she had a go at me earlier today because I rang her to ask if a scan should be delayed that long. Apart from saying definitely not she also said, "you got me out from treating a patient for that?"

I'm too scared!

Indeed. But having just spoken to my wife (sports injury physio) there's no way it should take 10 days for swelling to subside. As I said, I suspect he's had a scan and they've received the results, and as you say, there may be a complication around the fact that he's a loan player.

What is certain is that the delay is no-longer anything to do with waiting for swelling to subside.
They prob want money for the scan results but we can't afford it

I've added a poll to this thread for a bit of light relief. You never know, @Cricko may want to add a SZ prize to whoever guesses correctly. He has some charming Sir Chrisy Powell mugs still floating around Cricko Mansions. :Winking:

Possibly, but we're now 10 days after the injury, and I doubt that is still the case. If it is, and it was that badly swollen then it must be an horrendous injury!

Not possibly, that is the case.

There is always another possibility, we are still saving up to have the scan done. I doubt any local scanning facility will let us have credit. :Winking:
I've got a scanner they can borrow.

Or is it not that sort of scan..:Unsure:

I've added a poll to this thread for a bit of light relief. You never know, @Cricko may want to add a SZ prize to whoever guesses correctly. He has some charming Sir Chrisy Powell mugs still floating around Cricko Mansions. :Winking:

How long he is our for is far to easy. It should be combined with who’s fault it was for the pre season training, who’s failed with Strength and conditioning, who failed with rest and sleep time, nutrition, optimum scan day after injury, how many posts about a non event will we see etc.

Make it like Superstars with points for each category. 10 points for the winner and reducing down with each place.

“It’s one man’s fault for everything” will not be accepted as an answer.

Chill @BoyWonder2. The Zone is full of wind up merchants and the 'ignore' button is powerful and, at times, very satisfying.
Yes, ignoring in one form or another is the best option. I spent some time doing that during Saturday's match thread, which you very sensibly avoided!

Chill @BoyWonder2. The Zone is full of wind up merchants and the 'ignore' button is powerful and, at times, very satisfying.

Or, I can post that. No need to use the ignore function, the vast majority do add value to the forum, and do have valid opinions, but the amount of drivel that has been spoken about Hyde is incredible.

Except what thenobster said was not a wind-up. It was a genuine question that I feel inclined to ask myself. Personally I think we’ve been sold a pup. (Yes I know we haven’t bought him, but with the Dalby money we could have bought a decent striker with a far more injury-free record than Hyde).

Ìçc
Except what thenobster said was not a wind-up. It was a genuine question that I feel inclined to ask myself. Personally I think we’ve been sold a pup. (Yes I know we haven’t bought him, but with the Dalby money we could have bought a decent striker with a far more injury-free record than Hyde).

We still can? I don't understand your logic.

Ìçc

We still can? I don't understand your logic.
It’s not difficult. We are presumably using some of the Dalby money on paying Hyde’s wages.I would have far rather we had not tied ourself to Wrexham, and used all of the money on buying one or two players of our choice, not a Wrexham “hand me down”.
in fact, as I have said recently on this thread, if Wrexham wanted Dalby so much, we should have made them wait until at least one of Murphy or Caldwell had returned to full fitness.

I doubt (in fact in all honesty, HOPE) there is any "Dalby money"

If we are sensible, anything we got will be used to keep the tax man and dreaded Umbongo at bay for a bit.

Back