• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
That’s one way of settling it. We pick up the wages we’re prepared to pay and Wrexham pick up the tab for the rest. I like it a lot. Especially as it limits the risk to us in terms of if he gets a long term injury etc.

Welcome Jake, go smash it 👊🏻
Yes, but this arrangement will no doubt reduce the fee (if any) we receive from Sam moving on.
In the circumstances (one fit striker) we have probably made the best of a bad job.
Welcome Jake and here's hoping for a productive season.

For me I hope this an early season deja vu moment that replicates the loan signing of Harrison Neal.
I was not happy when Brunt (Dalby in this analogy) left and unsure of the replacement.
BUT it worked best for the team and SUFC; so Welcome Mr Hyde.
Agreed, I think he might suit our current set up better than Dalby who often dropped deep or wide.

I also don't think our football department are going to just accept someone who plays in that position. @stan collymore , Kev, Still etc. will have done their due diligence on Hyde, watched the videos, talked to their contacts etc. and only then would they have agreed to him being part of the deal.

He's only on loan so we're not tied into a 2-year deal for a 32-year old. He'll be out of contract at Wrexham at the end of the season so we'll be in a good position to judge whether he's worth a permanent signing or not.

Most Wrexham fans that I’ve seen talk about him have said that he’s a quality player at this level.

Interestingly, ironically considering what some people are saying, it looks like he’s a bit of a fitness lover. Him and Powell are clearly going to become besties.

Fit jake Hyde will score goals but he does need to stay fit..... season long loan isn't bad deal for us considering his age and past injury issues. A fit jake hyde will score 15+ goals.

Reactions: JAL
A fit Murphy and Hyde is a dangerous thought, I don't think we've seen the best of Cardwell either, gutted neither of them could have a pre-season.

So we've lost Dalbs, but we've received hopefully a sizeable cash fee for him, which will help with our cashflow issues.

Got Hyde on loan for a season, at I presume a significantly reduced cost in wages to us. Not to mention it's Wrexham's problem if he pulls up injured at any point.

Smells like decent business to me.

Timing is ****, but that's football.

So we've lost Dalbs, but we've received hopefully a sizeable cash fee for him, which will help with our cashflow issues.

Got Hyde on loan for a season, at I presume a significantly reduced cost in wages to us. Not to mention it's Wrexham's problem if he pulls up injured at any point.

Smells like decent business to me.

Timing is ****, but that's football.
Imagine he will start Sat as its a week with us training. Really looking forward to seeing him play...

I'd assume there will be an in-house friendly this week as preparation for the game, to also give minutes to Lomas and Hyde.

Good to see this over the line. I know it's one in, one out but it looked uncertain he was going to come at one point so at least there is one striker to start the season! Plus he no doubt will have the quality.

Welcome Jake.

Last edited:
Halifax fans will be getting stress now for the Tuesday night drubbing coming their way!
(All 7 on their fanzone will be quacking in their clogs).

We really have got no intention of getting out of this League have we? Loan cripples, cheap cripples, never got a proper fit side. Starting the season like this with the contacts book collecting dust in a low League like this is unforgiveable. Watching the results come in from the Leagues above on Saturday just gone makes you wanna cry. Col u....Borient, Barrow, Wimbledon etc...and we give away young talent and bring in old cast offs...... yet another season of mediocrity!
I did wonder what this was all about and then saw who wrote it.

I am concerned that it is a loan! Happy about the player and the signing. Is there a recall and can he play against Wrexham? Because if there is a recall and he can’t play against them they’ve had our pants down!

I am concerned that it is a loan! Happy about the player and the signing. Is there a recall and can he play against Wrexham? Because if there is a recall and he can’t play against them they’ve had our pants down!
After the Lopata situation with the recall, I hope we have done our due diligence in terms to the structure of the loan.

We really have got no intention of getting out of this League have we? Loan cripples, cheap cripples, never got a proper fit side. Starting the season like this with the contacts book collecting dust in a low League like this is unforgiveable. Watching the results come in from the Leagues above on Saturday just gone makes you wanna cry. Col u....Borient, Barrow, Wimbledon etc...and we give away young talent and bring in old cast offs...... yet another season of mediocrity!
Someone on Wrexham's forum has copied this and is claiming this is our reaction to the news.

Back